“Culture, crafts, and food, what more could you ask for?”

San Antonio Market Square
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Midland, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Culture, crafts, and food, what more could you ask for?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I absolutely LOVED Market Square. Outdoor and indoor crafts, great variety of food, lots of little shops, music playing. Very festive atmosphere. Definitely worth leaving the RiverWalk to check it out!

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kittery Point, Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A chance to bargain and do it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

During my time here I purchased a nice set of margarita glasses and two turquoise rings, a blanket,and certainly made good use of the opportunity to bargain down and haggled with this doorkeepers.

This doorkeepers told me no one bargains anymore and my response was that I have been going to El Mercado since I was a kid. I no longer live in San Antonio but I insisted on never paying the full price and got at least 10% off.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Charles U
Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I didn't like it:(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was so excited to visit El mercado since my first day in SA. I went there and actually it was so disappointing.. most shops were closed, very strange people there.. one person was trying to attack us to get money:(((

Bad experience, I didn't like it.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank shifaajeddah
Kansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Get off of the River Walk and spend a day in El Mercado”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed across the street from Market Square, and decided to take an hour or two to explore it one morning before heading to the River Walk. We ended up spending most of the day! Wonderful shops who are eager to show you their items and welcome you into their stores. Live entertainment both inside the Farmer's Market building and outside on the plaza on weekends. It's a festive, fun "fair" atmosphere, and you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank TightTraveler
Cleveland, Ohio
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Market Square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Nice place to go if you're looking for a combination of food, shops, etc. Has a bunch of things representative of the area. It's good if you want to walk around and schmooz to see if you want to buy anything. Apparently locals come here a good amount as well for clothes and such. If you don't get here though, no worries!

Visited January 2013