“Came all the way back from downtown”

54th Street Grill and Bar
Ranked #81 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Came all the way back from downtown”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our waitress, Kimberly was new, but kicked butt.We had six kids and four adults. She got everything correct. No complaints. The manager, Brian, came to our table and chatted us up. He's a great guy.

Visited August 2013

San Antonio,Tx
“54th street grill & bar”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food was delicious , but service needed some help. I was seated at the bar, bartenders were friendly but do not come by enough. And also other clientel was drunk and rowdy.

Clyde, Ohio
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

(US 281 North, San Antonio) For my last evening meal in San Antonio, I followed a tip from someone in my hotel, and ventured north to 54th St. Bar and Grill. This turned out to be an excellent decision. Although the wait for a regular table was to be 25 min., I was able to find instant seating at the bar. Service was immediate and attentive. Refreshing strawberry limeade quickly arrived in a huge, frosted mug. This was followed by freshly baked bread and house salad with cilantro honey lime dressing. Before I could finish that, the entree appeared, a delicious, juicy steak, at the precisely requested 'done-ness'. In keeping with a proud Texas tradition, no additional seasonings were necessary. This was complemented by perfectly sauteed veggies. The conscientious bar tender even offered to prepare a limeade to go since the original order included a free refill. This was not even necessary, as the original serving had been so generous. I hope to return in the future. I am also very inclined to look for 54th St. Bar and Grill restaurants in other locales during upcoming travels as well!

Atascadero, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I went there for dinner. We were greeted right away and seated. The staff was great and helpful with making our food selection easy. The food was very delicious and filling.

Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Love this place! Awesome steaks, loved the Ribeye, cooked it perfectly and the waiter made sure mine and my husband drinks were filled always. I had the salad before the meal and A waiter walked by and noticed I was picking items out of my salad, mind you this was not my waiter he stopped and asked me if I needed a new salad. I was almost done picking out the nuts so I told him thank you but no I good, He then brought the manager to the table and asked me what I didn't want in my salad and he brought me a brand new salad within 1-2 minutes. The salad was great everything was fresh tasting. My husband and myself have been back many times since and have had the same experience with a caring staff and great tasting food!