“Great Cupcakes! Disgusting sandwich”
Review of Bird Bakery

Bird Bakery
Ranked #4 of 48 Bakeries in San Antonio
Description: Welcome to BIRD bakery, where everything we make is baked on-site, from scratch, each and every day. We use only the finest ingredients—from Plugra butter and Valrhona Cocoa to the highest quality Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla—because we believe that treating yourself also means treating yourself well. At the end of each day, all remaining cupcakes and treats are given to local non-profits and philanthropies and we begin baking again the very next morning. We would never sell “day old” or discounted product and guarantee that as our guest, you are enjoying the freshest delights baked just hours within your visit. Enjoy!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After 4 attempts, I was actually able to eat at Bird Bakery today (the wait is usually very long due to a lack of organization) and I have rarely been as disappointed. I ordered the pimento cheese sandwich. The bread and the pimento cheese seemed good but I wanted to throw up with an inch of mayo on both sides of the bread. Nothing on the menu even states that there will be mayo on the sandwich. I am not Honey Boo Boo and I do not eat mayo by the spoonful. DISGUSTING!!!

1  Thank nofatboys

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for lunch and had heard about Bird. We each ordered only the 1/2 size sandwiches which are really full size to me. Excellent fresh bread with a lot of turkey. Then we couldn't pass up the large delicious cookies. This place is known for the little cupcakes you can purchase in egg cartons. They're good, but I'm a cookie fan myself. It can be crowded here at lunch and parking can be a problem, but this has become a favorite neighborhood stop for lunch and baked goods.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hidden treasure in Alamo Heights. Wonderful bakery. Worth the wait. It can be a bit busy around lunch time on weekdays.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food is awesome, I love it. The past three times we have gone our order has been wrong, with items missing. We have learned to check our order item by item and the receipt. I have been overcharged, the more expensive items rung up. Come on Ms. Chambers, please train your staff. The food is too good for your employees to ruin the experience.

2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed September 2, 2013

it is a shame that the staff here is so disorganized as the cupcakes are wonderful (much better than sprinkles). I tried to eat lunch here today and after waiting 15 minutes for someone, anyone to take an order - one of the staff finally realized that the line was just getting longer and no one was actually orders. They have sufficient staff usually here but they seem easily distracted and forget their primary focus should be the customers not rearranging the baked goods etc.

1  Thank nofatboys