“Yummy Charbroiled Shrimp!”

Ranked #231 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Sea Island Shrimp House specializes in wild-caught Texas Gulf shrimp. Guest favorites include Lemon Pepper Fish and Shrimp, Charbroiled Shrimp, Shrimp Salad, Stuffed Shrimp, Shrimp Linguine, and more. We also serve Grilled Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Gulf Oysters on the Half Shell, Catfish, and Flounder, when available. Not a seafood fan? Enjoy our juicy Steaks, Burgers, Beef Kabobs and Grilled Chicken. Soups, salads and a variety of appetizers, including Shrimp Cocktail, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, Calamari, Ceviche and more keep our guests coming back time after time!
San Antonio, Texas
“Yummy Charbroiled Shrimp!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I come at least once a month and we always get the chargrilled or charbroiled shrimp! Delish! Good coleslaw and delicious lemonade, too! I'm sure everything else is good, too, but I'm not wiling to give up a tasty treat that can't be beat!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Debra B
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Debra, we are glad you found your favorite dish! We love hearing from our loyal customers and are pleased that you visit us regularly. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your review!

Dallas, TX
“Great Inexpensive Seafood”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I were in San Antonio for business and were looking to spend our per diem for dinner. This restuarant was close to our hotel. We walked in not knowing what to expect. Inside we discovered this is sort of a "fast food" environment where customers walk up to the order counter and then pick up their food at the service counter when paged. We almost decided not to eat there since it wasn't full service but went ahead anyway. We were so glad we stayed!!! I ordered a seafood platter that consisted of a fried fish fillet, sea scallops, shrimp, crab cakes, french fries and cole slaw. I also ordered the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail and 12 peel and eat shrimp. Even after ordering all this, I had not spent my dinner per diem of $30.00. The food was served quickly and hot. Everything was delicious. The crab cakes where the best I've ever had!!! The only complaint I have is that Sea Island does not have any restaurants in Dallas where I live. I will definately eat there the next time I'm in San Antonio. If you find this review helpful, please select "Yes" below.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank SteveSmith243
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Steve, we are glad you and your colleague decided to give us a try! We strive to provide the freshest seafood and best service to our guests and are glad that you were completely satisfied with your visit! Thanks for taking the time to share your review- we look forward to serving you the next time you’re in San Antonio!
Crowley, Texas
“Amazing Service and food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I loved their food. I have been coming here many years since i was a little kid. Best Fish ever! Everytime i drive to san antonio i come here.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Emily F
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Emily, we love hearing from our loyal customers and are glad you to hear you visit while in San Antonio! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Plano, Texas
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was so glad to get to eat here again on a recent hometown visit to San Antonio. I've always loved the seafood at Sea Island. They have great gumbo and I loved the newer addition (well "new" since I'd been there probably almost 10 years ago) of fish tacos. Good food, good atmosphere, great service and reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MinPlano
Houston, Texas
“Great seafood at a decent price”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is within walking distance of the hotel I stayed at. My company has me stay at that hotel on my visits to San Antonio and I make it a point to eat there whenever I come. On a take out order, the staff was vey friendly and will make sure you are satisfied before you leave. I eat the Coconut Shrimp which is very good. Highly recommend this place.

Visited March 2013