“Delicious Bar B Q”

Grady's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1,526 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I really enjoyed the food here. Soft and juicy brisket, jalapeneo sausage and a great sauce made me a real fan.

There are newer reviews for Grady's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Sign says since 1948--it was probably something back in the 1960's before Bill Millers came to town. I would have to list about a dozen ways this place failed to impress. It is a typical Texas go up to the counter and order, wait until they call you kind of place. (no table service) which would have been better received if the prices had been lower. The person taking the order didn't know how to work the cash register. Our food sat in the back counter for about five minutes while the person who should have served it was chatting with a customer, so it was already a little cold when it arrived. Portions were skimpy. Food wasn't very good: Fish was overcooked, Chicken Fried Steak hamburger was way over salted, Fried mushrooms stringy and with an unpleasant aftertaste. The iced tea was terrible. When I contrast this to the competition in this town, there simply isn't any way I am going back here. Bill Miller has everything this place has, but it cleaner, less expensive and has better food.

1  Thank neuroshrink
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This restaurant was pretty unkempt. The tea area was dirty with tea all over the counter. In the pickle/utensil area, the lemons looked like they had sat all day, dried & ugly.

The food was good. I had lean brisket, cream corn, & potato salad. But the servings, especially the sides, were too small! They serve you the bread, which is one little slice.

More expensive than Bill Millers. I paid $18 in total for two of us, almost $2.00 for drinks. I don't mind paying this price, but give me a least good servings.