“Same great food, new owners”
Review of River Tree Bistro

River Tree Bistro
Ranked #2,257 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Everytime I fly into San Antonio and I am in the mood for some light fare I can always depend on this amazing quant restaurant. A native of NYC having access to a variety of foods through out Manhattan and the city this has to be close to a few favorites in the Big Apple. I was in San Antonio visiting a colleague from the Dominion and I staying at Eilan we decided to enjoy a light noshing at RTB on a quiet Monday night. To my surprise walking in I noticed alot had changed since my last visit. The logo was different, the menu was so cluttered I had no idea where to look and the prices have certainly gone up. I had no idea management had changed and quite frankly I was looking forward to visiting with the owner. The menu had a plethora of various dishes and I couldn't make up my mind so I settled for the $6.95 ceasar salad and a sparkling water. (I enjoyed a bottle of Dom before I left Eilan) Overall the experience was a little disappointing due to the fact that I knew the previous owner well, and the cashier was so hard to understand due to her thick accent. I will be back because again because as I stated in the beginning this is a favorite and the food is made well.

1  Thank Rockefeller212

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Arrive early, especially for Friday lunch as it get's packed. Salads are great; everything is very fresh! Sandwiches are good too! Looking forward to soup now that the weather s turning cooler!

1  Thank Connie P
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We went here for dinner because I had a coupon and had seen it several times. After checking it out on UrbanSpoon we decided to actually check it out and are really glad that we did. The woman at the counter was kind of hard to understand but one of the guys realized that we were struggling and came over to help. She was a very sweet woman who brought my 2 yo a tray of toys to choose from. Absolutely everyone in the restaurant was super friendly and personable. The food was also very good - my bf got the gyro and I got the turkey ciabatta and subbed the pasta salad for the cole slaw. The gyro came with fries - which were mostly regular fries with some sweet potato fries sprinkled in.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

This is a fabulous, friendly restaurant. Their menu includes many healthy choices: tasty salads and soups. Read my complete review here: http://bit.ly/iNVF8a

1  Thank HealthyEntrepreneur
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I have never had anything bad here. They have a great tomato basil soup and squash soup. Very tasty sandwiches and salads. You can dine inside or on the patio. The only thing lacking here is the dessert menu is limited.