“Really liked the seasoning they used.”

Salt Grass Steakhouse
Ranked #108 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is on U.S. 281 north.
Sapulpa, OK
“Really liked the seasoning they used.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate there on a whim the other night. The steak itself wasn't the best quality, but we both did have smothered steaks which is a waste of the best cuts. But the flavors were delicious. I wish they had one in the Tulsa market.

Visited August 2013

“Lunch experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The steaks were delicious and cooked the way we asked!
Onion Rings also were great.
The salad edge was also good.

• Visited July 2013
“Great steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great steak bar none! Some of the best food in texas. The salt grass steak house is our favorite place to eat a steak anytime we visit texas.

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio Texas
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

First I attempted to get TripAdvisor to ad a page foe the 281 "Donella" location but that didn't work. I can't speak for the experience at San Pedro..but the Salt Grass on 281 is phenomenal. Friday and Saturdays there is a wait after 6 pm so reservations are a great idea. My husband loves the steaks, the kids love the ribs, I love the wedge salad. Yes, It is amazing. I've had them every place that makes them and nobodies is as great as Salt Grass. The lettuce is always crunchy, tomatoes, bacon ranch and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar just makes it. I ask for the Bleu cheese to be left off and definitely get the fresh cracked pepper when it is served. I make an entire meal of the wedge salad and a baked potato and I never finish the potato. The artichoke spinach dip is heavenly.The staff works like a well oiled machine. The bar drinks are about average for a steakhouse price wise, maybe a little over generous with the alcohol for my tastes. Tea glasses never get empty. The entire facility is immaculate. The staff is professional and works well together. The only thing I won't order here is the chicken fried steak. Excess batter with no meat. The gravy is great, the meat is great..just can't deal with the excess fried batter. The Shiner Bock bread is warm and wonderful. Texas Land and Cattle was my favorite for a long time..but Salt Grass has upstaged them now, just a tad. The only thing I would add or change..is a petite cut steak for the ladies. A 6 oz NY strip or ribeye would be perfect. My husband loves that all the steaks a generous portions..I wish there was one small choice. We love that you will see casual wear, business attire and sometimes even kids on their way to Prom. Our grandson can never leave until he has counted all the horse shoes in the sidewalk surrounding the building.

• Visited June 2013
Alice, Texas
“Great steaks and they cooked mine right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice restaurant, ordered the porterhouse steak rare, and this place got rare correct. Fried mushrooms for an appetizer were great.

Visited June 2013