“Great way to see the River City!” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio 5K Running Tour
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Looking for a unique, active way to see San Antonio? You have found the right place. River City Run is a 5K course through the heart of San Antonio that takes place every Saturday and Sunday morning that passes by many of the key sites that the downtown/River Walk area has to offer. There are 15 stops with 18 landmarks to observe and learn about through entertaining history and trivia compiled by your tour guides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to see the River City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I ran with my 13 and 11 year old sons. Tina and Tommy are both very knowledgable of the historical sites and significance and current events. We had a blast and I would say for every age and every fitness level, this is a must do. We will be back.

1 Thank Myersfamily4

Costa Rica, MS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing, Incredible and FUN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow....I cannot say enough good about Tina and Tommy. They made everyone feel like family. They remembered everyone's names and made a point to talk and find out about each person individually. We were sad when it ended....we wanted to spend more time with them.

They were very, very informative about the city and the highlights you would never hear just by walking by. It is amazing how they were not even winded when they would stop to talk and I could hardly breath (hahah). You do not have to be a great runner but could be a beginner or advanced....they can accommodate all types of runners. Tina was a long distance runner in college and can lead the pack with a fast pace and Tommy sure does not mind picking up the rear with the slow runners!

They were wonderful people, very knowledgeable and very loving to all us that ran. Do yourself a favor and do this running tour of San Antonio....you will NOT regret it!!!

Robert

2 Thank Rob H
El Paso, Texas
“Greatest Running Tour Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tommy and Tina have provide a great deal of knowledge on my wife and I during the River City Run on the 4th of July. If you enjoy a little work out while touring a city, this is the thing for you. I'm not much of a runner but this was enjoyable because we would stop at various places around the river walk to learn. They were able to answer any question that was asked. Great Tour Guides and a great tour.

Bulldogs for Life!!!!

Plano, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome way to run AND sightsee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I often run in the cities I visit and pass by many historical sites but could not tell you any of the history. Now, for San Antonio, I can! Tina and Tommy lead a great tour at a great pace that is super fun! I will be back! And highly recommend!

1 Thank Monica W
Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great mom and son run”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My 18 year old son and I had a great time on the River City Run this morning. Great tour leaders - fun and knowledgeable. I've only been running a few months, but this was not tough because of all the stops. They provide water along the way, and you get a shirt when you finish. It was a fantastic way to get the lay of the land during a visit to a wonderful city.

Just do it! You will be glad you did.