“Everything you could want from the Wild West”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #5 of 77 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a great time and would definitely go back. We got to shoot six shooters, repeating rifles and shotguns all in a hate and fun environment. Safety is fantastic and the guys who take it are fantastic. The city of San Antonio should be promoting this more. you get great instruction, and the get some great targets to shoot at. We will be back and recommend it to everyone whether or not you have handled a firearm or not

1  Thank sdtw

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely loved this! It's not really advertised anywhere except on Trip Advisor (although they do have a Facebook page), but it's definitely deserving of that #1 spot on the list.

The cowboys who teach you about the various weapons and how to handle them are brilliant. You can really tell that they want you to have fun - they'll dress you up in a hat and holster, and then take you through several different "Wild West" scenarios. The extent to which you want to get into character is entirely up to you - personally I just wanted to shoot stuff!

My session was with a very small group. It lasted a good three hours, so even though it might initially seem expensive you certainly get your money's worth. If you're at all concerned about the danger aspect, you can be reassured that these guys are very safety conscious and will explain thoroughly to you how to carry and hold your guns before you're even allowed to touch one. When you're actually shooting they'll be stood right next to you making sure everything is in order and cheering you on. They'll also be snapping a few photos of you to put on their Facebook page, but you're welcome to steal them off there if you want.

This is such a brilliant way to spend the day. I can't recommend it highly enough. I went on the last full day of my two week holiday in Texas and I can honestly say that this was hands down the most fun I had on the entire trip. If you don't do anything else in San Antonio... do this.

Good points: variety of activities, loads of ammo, fantastic atmosphere, so much fun.

Bad points: none!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

One of the best things I've done on my whole month long holiday of the USA. From the very start there's an emphasis on safety and professionalism. The cowboys are very helpful and great to have a chat to. All the scenarios are fun to do and you get plenty of rounds to fire through all the different types of weapons. This is a must do if you're spending time in San Antonio.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My group of 4 was in town for a conference and we found this activity after finding out that all of the group activities for the conference were booked. Really glad that was the case because this was way more fun!

You basically get to shoot old style pistols, rifles, and shotguns in "wild west" scenarios. The guys were great, and very knowledgeable about the era and firearms. Plenty of good stories told and you were never standing around waiting for action, they even handled reloading for you so you could just concentrate of having fun. Highly recommend this activity!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I visited SAWS today after booking via the internet from the UK. We had a truly memorable and enjoyable experience and the hours flew by as Lee, Frank, Clyde and the team put us through our paces with various handguns, rifles and shotguns in a Western setting.

My wife hadn't fired a weapon before and was a little nervous, but the cowboys soon put her at ease with their professionalism, enthusiasm and extensive knowledge, both of the guns and shooting techniques, but also of their knowledge of Texan history and the role that classic weapons such as Winchester rifles and 'Peacemaker' handguns played in it.

Don' t expect to be on a rifle range with fixed targets, you get to play out scenarios such as a bar room shoot-up and stagecoach robbery. It's all good fun and is very, very safe. This is a must-do for anyone visiting San Antonio.