“Amazing, best thing to do in Texas (not just San Antonio)!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Antonio Western Shooting

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #4 of 71 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing, best thing to do in Texas (not just San Antonio)!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can't recommend this place enough. Initially when I booked I thought it was a pricey experience, but after doing it I realise it was a bargain for what you get. We gave a $20 tip as it was all the cash we had on us. I wish I could have tipped more because the gents definitely deserved it. I've been to Texas twice and this was by far my best experience in Texas.

The gents were funny buggers but safety was paramount which I appreciated. I would feel safe taking children to this experience because they were safety first, but no so much that you couldn't enjoy it.

The experiences they set up were fun scenarios such as shooting at bottles full of liquid, shooting at tennis balls on the ground to move them forward to see who can get theirs closest to a pole, shooting at an axe to split the bullet in 2 etc. However it wasn't over the top role playing which I was slightly worried about, it was just fun.

We visited in August 2013. It was about 40 degrees Celsius but the gents didn't cancel, which I appreciated. They also made sure we were well watered and took breaks.

If I'm ever back in Texas I would definitely do this again. Cannot recommend this experience enough. I would even recommend travelling to San Antonio for this experience alone. Otis absolutely worth it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank allie181

Winona, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The highlight of our visit to San Antonio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My children (girl 26 and boy 14) and I recently visited San Antonio and made this place a part of our vacation. We had already planned to visit Fiesta Texas and Sea World, but I wanted to do something a little different as a surprise for my kids. I knew my daughter would enjoy it, but wasn't so sure about my 14 year old son, as his only interest in life at the moment is video games. My worries were unfounded though; he thoroughly enjoyed himself. My kids have never handled guns, and I haven't shot a gun since I was 9 or 10 years old, shooting my older brother's .22 gauge rifle at my grandma's house. Our inexperience was not a problem at all. Everyone was so friendly and informative. Gun safety was made a high priority, and we learned a lot about western history in the process. We could have stayed here all day. We enjoyed this much more than Fiesta Texas and Sea World. My only complaint is that it didn't last longer. We will definitely do this again if we come back to San Antonio. This is a small but growing (and very popular) attraction, so I would advise that you book as far in advance as possible.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Annita P
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“San Antonio Western Shooting was terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent group of gentlemen who take care of you for the entire time! These guys are professional, friendly and made us feel relaxed and safe. They assisted my son who had never shot before and after an hour he was shooting with the best of us. Great set up, fun and worth every penny.

1 Thank sb512ip
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of our San Antonio trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a great experience at the San Antonio Western Shooting. I was REALLY nervous going in, but booked it as a special treat for my husband. By the end of the day (roughly 3 hours) I was not longer nervous and I TOTALLY outshot my husband!! The cowboys were awesome and really made me feel comfortable handling the guns. And we met a really nice couple. I highly recommend this adventure to anyone visiting San Antonio. I know it is a little costly, but SO worth the money!!!!!!!

2 Thank Kerry S
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Well worth it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

3.5 hours of very interesting shooting with conversations about old western history. Some of the nicest cowboys you'll ever meet. My 14 year old son split a shot on an axe that struck two dinner plates at the same time!