“Great fun!”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #1 of 79 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I plus our adult son had a great time shooting reproductions of old guns with the cowboys. Our son is familiar with guns but my familiarity is limited to humming the Bonanza theme. The cowboys were excellent instructors, always attentive to safety. I had never handled a gun before and was surprised at how much fun it was. Favorite part was a melee with the 3 of us trying to knock our individual tennis balls close to a goal. My son & I were successful and then both turned to knock my wife's ball into a side gully - boy did she squeal. This was a great time!

3  Thank John_A38815
"take pictures"
in 41 reviews
in 31 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I did a quick trip to San Antonio and saw the great reviews for western shooting and decided to give it a go. Definitely worth every penny! These guys put on a great show and keep safety first. It is fun for experienced shooters and inexperienced. They definitely go the extra mile to make sure you have an authentic and memorable experience. Thank you San Antonio Western Shooting!!!

2  Thank Gard1
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everyone has already said what a fantastic experience this is but I have to say it again. It was awesome! My wife and I are a couple of Yankees with little to no shooting experience, but Lee and the fellas put us right at ease and we had a great time. The addition of the scenarios is what really made this great. You get a history lesson while blasting your way through stage coach robbers, cheating poker players, and attacking Comanche. This is not to be missed while in the San Antonio area. Thanks guys for making such a fun and memorable day. (Scott and Amy, April 16th).

2  Thank sabre31_98
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to get a last minute booking with these guys and I am SO glad it worked out. We had such a good time. I was a little nervous as I had never handled, let alone fired, a gun before but Latigo Lee, Beans Ahgin and Shotgun had a serious focus on safety while making this a hugely fun experience. And if you want to know anything about cowboys and the west, these are your people. incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. We could have spent another day or two with these guys!! We're nearing the end of a 6 week road trip across the US and this was definitely a highlight for us. Thanks again for the experience boys!!

1  Thank Shazzdoggs