“Birthday Surprise for my Fiance”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #5 of 75 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I surpised my fiance Ryan with a day of shooting a couple of weeks ago for his birthday. He didn't see it coming and our experience was amazing. Lee and Frank provided us with a wealth of knowledge on not only the weapons that we fired, but of Western history as well. We even had snacks and drinks provided to us. They obviously love what they do and it shows; they wanted for us to have as great a time as possible and did whatever they could to make it happen. My fiance and I have been shooting several times before, but none of those experiences even came close to this. I would definitely go back with friends and family in the future. I lived in San Antonio for years and never knew that something this great was in my own backyard!

1  Thank Kim M
There are newer reviews for San Antonio Western Shooting

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This experience was a Christmas gift for the man that has everything. All three of them. We had a wonderful time and the crew made it so fun. I was impressed with the safety level at all times and the knowledge of guns and westerns by the staff. This is the Christmas that we will Always remember!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We just finished an amazing afternoon learning how to shoot rifles, shotguns, and pistols. I never would have imagined it could be so fun! Our group consisted of 3 women and 3 men. All were thoroughly pleased with the afternoon! I was worried that the guns would be too much to handle - I couldn't have been more mistaken! Easy and fun!!!

Not only were the different shooting activiities fun, but the people there were so incredibly friendly and welcoming! I highly recommend this activity for any experienced marksman or a first time shooter! We loved it so much that we may actually plan a return trip to San Antonio just to do this again!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Step back in time to the old west in a setting of period costumes, mock saloon town, and bad guys everywhere (little metal ones that is), and pretend you're John Wayne or Calamity Jane using pistols, shotguns, rifles...and let the bullets fly! This western shooting experience was better than we imagined - not knowing what to expect never having shot a gun. The staff took adequate time to explain safety, history and how to use the equipment. By the time we shot once or twice - felt totally comfortable and safe...and from that moment on was having the time of our life! Was by far the favorite memory of our San Antonio trip!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our first experience shooting any kind of firearms could not have been better. We appreciated the hard work of the staff to show us a fun time making sure that we were comfortable and feeling safe. Not to mention that they were all just great people! We wanted to have a quintessential Texas experience and this was absolutely it. We were initially unsure about the cost, but it is absolutely worth it and would recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested. Make sure to wear your best cowboy attire as they were very kind in outfitting you with the right accessories and taking photos while you concentrate to hit the targets. Great fun!