“Great waterpark!”

Aquatica San Antonio
Ranked #48 of 271 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquatica San Antonio is where the South Seas meets South Texas in a waterpark experience only SeaWorld could create. With waters from serene to extreme, Aquatica features all the attractions and amenities that family memories are made of. Come immerse yourself in the wonders of the sea at Aquatica(R) San Antonio, and your inner Aquatican as you play side-by-side with the sea, or relax on white-sand beaches.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We really enjoyed this waterpark. We were a family of 6 with little ones, 6 and 3. They had slides for the littles ones that the kids really enjoyed. The wave pool was nice. We really enjoyed the lazy river, but you had to wait for inner tubes to come by and it was busy. They provided lockers but how to rent them was not clear. One of the bathrooms smelled terrible that was near the wave pool. The other restrooms were fine. Lines were long for most of the slides. We had a great time and would visit there again.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"season pass holders"
"shaded areas"

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ok, we wanted to go to this waterpark because of the Stingray Falls ride. It looked interesting and since the park is also new, we thought we would try it. We were quite dissapointed. Nothing special in this park. It's like any other waterpark (average ones) that you see. The Stingray Falls is advertised in magazines and billboards as a raft sliding down the CLEAR see through tube which looked LONG and twirling .. is so NOT what it is. I can't believe the misadvertisement. They should take down the fake ads because this is not what you get. What you really get : Slide down partial open tubes and covered tubes (not see through) until the end .. where you are spit out into the see through area which is just a wall of plastic see through glass. There you have about 5 seconds (I kid you not!) of viewing the stingrays. Not only is your time non-existent in the viewing area, a photograher is there to get your attention so he can take a picture ! Really? He is in the water .. knee deep if you are wondering. So, although I didn't like him taking my viewing time, I did end up buying the picture. LOL! I mean it was a good picture because we are never all in a tube and smiling with stingrays behind you. I mean I guess if we had friends or family who had a disposable picture, they could take picture elsewhere but not where the stingrays are. 15 bucks a shot but if you get it with a frame it's 25. The frame looks awesome! I mean it looks like it costs more than 10 bucks. Really nice color with sting rays on it. You will see it when you get there. The other rides are average and the wave pull was same as anywhere. I will say as for eating, I would recommend a grill food area in the back of the park. Ask where it is if you don't see it. It's a covered pavillion (lots of benches) and a live singing group at certain times. The only other thing that was nice was the stingray petting area. That was FREE! I couldn't believe that. Seems nowadays, they charge for everything! The rays come right up and swim alongside the railing and you can feed them with the food sold there or just put your hands in the water and they will come up thinking you have food. You can pet them to your hearts delight. They are very mild and are not afraid you you. We shook it's hands (grab the end of it's wing). So, there you have it. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me. OH .. and the lazy river was not that long and the tubes are VERY limited. They don't have much at all. I was quite suprised about this. Shame Shame. After this trip, I looked up Schitterbahn and boy was I upset I didn't go there. It is HUGE and there are three additional parks built next to the original park which is already huge. We didn't get enough of waterpark fun, so we are staying there in SEPT before the season closes which is mid sept. They have accomodations right on the park grounds and the "treehouse" area is gorgeous. You can just jump in the water from where you room is. Anyhoo, that's another review in Sept when I am back!

6  Thank Natster396
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The only thing I recommend is that if you can afford it get a Cabana! It guarantees you into the park. I heard that they can stop letting people into the water park due to it being over crowded! So we got a Cabana, we should have splurged on the expensive one..it it RIGHT next to the water!! The one we got was about 30 yards away from the pool..which isnt that big of a deal but its Texas and in the summer and HOT!!!

We got there first thing. picked our cabana and then went to the SeaWorld part then ended at the water park.

We liked the water park!!!

2  Thank gypsymoth05
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We took our 5-year-old, and she had a wonderful time. My advice: Get there when they open, ride all the rides you want to ride, and then relax and hit the pool areas.

By the time we were leaving, there was a 1-1/2 hour wait at most of the rides.

Great time! Very clean, very well-staffed. Get a locker, leave your stuff and have a wonderful time!

EAT AT TIMES OTHER THAN STANDARD MEAL TIMES. Otherwise, you may have upwards of an hour wait for food and you'll be standing, cranky, and hot.

Great time! We are going back at least two more times in the next year.

2  Thank ChristineM1972