“Love the pastries”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
CIA Bakery Cafe
Description: We were thrilled that the community enjoyed the CIA Bakery Cafe pop-up. We look forward to serving you unique savory and sweet delights when we pop-up again in early 2018. Watch this space for our next opening.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

In my opinion, SA is a pretty difficult place to find a good pastry bakery. If its not La Madeline, I usually don't know where else to go to find French, Swiss or European style bakery items. CIA has given me some different and good options. A little pricey but again, the pastries here are not the usual stuff in supermarkets and/or common bakeries in the area. The coffee is very good. I usually get the cafe cortado. It's more like Caribbean style coffee. Every time I'm down at the farmers market I stop in or a treat =-)

1  Thank BVS29

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Just had a delicious slice of key lime pie and a coffee. Cafeteria-style line, pay, pick up coffee or tea and bakery goods a couple of minutes later. Not cheap, but beautifully presented. Nice non-crowded patio upon which to dine at your leisure and people-watch the weekend parade of folks visiting (or living at) The Pearl. Lovely. I will return.

1  Thank anmd
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Fun place to go, with lots of students in their chef attire having their lunch break. We had an exotic sandwich and pastry, and both were delicious. Not much place to sit inside, so we had to eat outside and try to keep warm on a blustery windy day.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a wonderful little bakery and it serves great sandwiches. This is the store front for the students in the San Antonio Culinary Institute of America. They make fabulous desserts and sandwiches. The hot chocolate is very wonderful, it is like drinking a truffle! Service was slow the day my husband and I went but we weren't in a hurry and the food was worth every minute!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

A nice place to go and have lunch or breakfast and taste the culinary explorations of future chefs. Located on the property of the Pearl Brewery. We went there by water taxi, which does take 30 minutes, but is a worthwhile trip. The bakery features some great foods, we had the sausage scones for breakfast - very tasty. The coconut cupcake was very very rich - a bit too heavy for me for breakfast, but tasty.