“Blessing in Disguise”

Ranked #229 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Louisiana
“Blessing in Disguise”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My "terrible" rating is based on the "customer service" alone. I didn't get past the front desk. I booked this hotel on a site that does not reveal the hotel until after you have completed your booking. I have done this for at least 5 years and have never had a problem until I arrived at this motel. When I arrived, the clerk informed me that I had booked a smoking room, which I would never do and have never done because I have a son with asthma. I let him know that I could not stay in a smoking room because of my son's asthma. He told me that I could switch from a smoking to a non smoking room for an extra $10 dollars a night. I couldn't understand this especially since there were only about 3 cars in the parking lot - they couldn't have possibly been booked. He told me I could go to the website where I made my booking and change it myself because if he changed it he'd get into trouble. (I knew I couldn't make changes online-all bookings are final, but I went to the site anyway to prove my point that I hadn't booked a smoking room.) By the way, the internet connection was horrible. By this point, my husband and asthmatic child had come in. I proceeded to book a new hotel room across town while using Travelodge's pitifully slow internet. After I made my booking, he told me that he could give me a non-smoking room for free. Huh? At first he said it was $10 extra per night, then he said he'd get in trouble if he switched me from smoking to non-smoking, then he says he can switch the rooms for free. Which is it??? Needless to say this ended up being a blessing in disguise because we ended up in a hotel that was much nicer and in a much better area. The money that I lost means nothing to me. My son's health comes first. With such poor service, this Travelodge will be closed sooner than later.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Penfield, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked to stay in this hotel through a second party service. When I arrived there the owner did not honor the accommodations and when found out how much I paid for the room through the second party .. Told me to cancel my reservation with them and pay him that price and he'd give me the room which I originally booked that he supposedly said wasn't available but was at a price... It's a dated hotel. Breakfast they offer based on the lobby , I saw was old cereal and coffee. Be ware and be careful..it's worth paying more money then to stay in this MOTEL its not a hotel. Thank goodness the second party service I used booked me at a way better hotel and agreed the place was being dishonest and sketchy. Stay away...ESP if you have a family .. I didn't feel safe esp with the owner being so dishonest. Your better off sleeping in your car if you can lock it then in this establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Irving
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel Does not look nice from out side but when you go inside it is not bad. The rooms are clean and looks Ok. The shower is very nice and the toilet is comfortable! Evey think worked perfectly for me except that the room smells smoke very badly. I really did not like that but other than that is was good place to have some days to stay. The brakefast was very good!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Woodstock
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel in general was dated and worn, none working room phone plus poor computer and internet in lobby and the fact that dust and dust mites where in the room made this stay horrible.
F.E. Cornacchia Woodstock IL. fec529@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was a little hard to find so we missed our exit at first but the clean rooms made up for it.

Great value! For coming to such a tourist driven town it was perfect. The breakfast was excellent too and the front desk gentleman was kind and very helpful in explaining things to do during our visit.

• Stayed May 2013