“The perfect hotel for my stay”

SureStay Hotel by Best Western San Antonio Northeast
Ranked #233 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was in San Antonio for a conference for a week and a half in June 2012.
This hotel was affordable, clean, and quiet, and had the friendliest and most helpful staff you can ever hope to find.
The rooms are huge.
Whenever I had a question or a request the staff acted on it beyond what you can expect.
The trip from the Netherlands to San Antonio was a trip from hell. Murphy all the way.
Until I got to the hotel, and everything was just the way it should be, and I could finally relax thanks to the staff, even with my suitcase still in Chicago.

The next day when my suitcase was delivered to the hotel, the staff tried to inform me via text messages. They did not succeed but they couldn't help that.

Within a day, whenever I came back to the hotel, I was greeted by name.
Sure, that isn't a big deal, and not the most important thing one needs in a hotel. But it makes you feel at home, and it shows you're not a number to the staff.

The only less positive thing I can come up with is breakfast.
I must admit that it wasn't abundant or all that great.
Then again, for me personally it was more then (good) enough, since I hardly ever have breakfast anyway.
But if you expect a great breakfast that will keep you going for hours while strolling through San Antonio you are in for a little disappointment.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever visit San Antonio again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and everything was great! The hotel staff are professional, friendly and very helpful! It was over 100 every day and the A/C in our room was really nice and cold. The location is super easy to navigate from and the manager was so helpful with directions for everywhere we needed to go. They keep the place up really well for an older hotel. The price can't be beat! We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele D
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you have a loved one stationed on Fort Sam. The location is close and the price is great. The building is older, but rooms are clean and the staff are very helpful. The breakfast is good and beds are comfy. Also, has a pool too. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The desk managers are very helpful and friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable with free wifi and with a bus stop within a hundred feet and regular busses with quick service into the city center I definately will be back to stay here. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here for three nights 5/17-5/20/2012 with 3 kids, mother-in-law, and husband, who was reporting to Ft. Sam Houston. Service was amazing! The man helped use with our many bags, and got the air and TV on in both our rooms upon arrival. Very friendly, kind, and courteous. The pool was small, but clean, and after our stay at another hotel the two nights before, my kids were very happy to have some pool time! The hotel was undergoing renovations (specifically, exterior painting was being done while we were there), but the inconvenience of that was minimal (couldn't open windows, they were covered with plastic for one day)...plus the painters were also very helpful holding doors for us going in and out when they were nearby. The laundry room only housed 2 washers and 2 dryers, which were enough for me to stay caught up and not have to haul home a bunch of dirty clothes. Though it was obviously an older hotel, our rooms were very clean and comfortable, and huge! The value was good. If I get to go visit my husband again while he's at Ft. Sam, I will most likely stay at this hotel again. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

First and foremost the customer service is superior and outstanding to any I've ever received.
There is a by the cup, free coffee machine in the lobby that was fresh and fabulous. The physical property is on the old side and the owner is in the process of renovating. It has new windows and carpet in most rooms; high efficiency toilets and they are working on replacing TVs, tubs, and appliances. A couple of issues with the tub and window in the first room and we were changed to a different room without hesitation and profuse apologies. The king size rooms are spacious and comfortable for two adults; with separate sleeping areas. This was perfect for myself and my son.

Room Tip: check your room before you bring your stuff in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

To start id like to say the young lady at the front desk was sweet and very helpful she faxed my papers for me at 6 in the morning with no problem she smiled she was just really friendly and you don't find that often! The breakfast was light and yummy! The room I got was a king suite it was very clean and spacious even had a fresh smell, the pool was relaxing and quiet there weren't a lot of kids running around the halls where quiet it was relaxing I think I definitly found my regular place in san antonio.

• Stayed: August 2011