“Never Disappoints”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #59 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Drury Inn & Suites is the place we always stay any more. Top of the line clean. Supper is served! Never have to get back out on the road to find a place to eat. Breakfast is so much more than a bowl of cereal. Nice and warm eats. And ALL staff is so friendly......We find this to be true at every Drury. Did not have time for a swim, but this pool is all enclosed, not a half out/half in like some. Looked really nice. First time we had a lap top with us. So easy to connect and use. It is unsecure though. Family member traveled with us and in a different room. We had requested close rooms and they put us next to each other. Grateful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here fro two nights when I took my parents to San Antonio. We were greeted right away by a friendly employee at the front counter. The rooms were nice, just like every Drury I've stayed in. No issues with the two beds in the room or with the room itself.

The hot breakfast provided every morning was delicious. The chef kept the food coming and full. Even at 915 am, there was plenty of hot food still available.

The food and popcorn provided at 5:30 was nice. Popcorn, meatballs, and other appetizers were provided. You could really make a meal out of it.

Would I stay here again, yes. Just be warned that during my stat in October there was still a lot of construction going on on 1604 and 281, so be prepared for that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was a great value, we stayed for the weekend, and booked a suite for $5 more a night than a standard room. We did not make it to the cocktail hours in the evening, but I wish we could have. The hotel is not the newest or fanciest, but it is very clean, the service was great. Their motto is "the extras aren't extra" (or something along those lines) and I was really impressed that was true. They even let our dog stay in the room with no deposit and no fees!

Will definitely stay again if I am in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The location is perfect if you are in the northern part of town. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left my stay here was perfect. Upon arrival the front desk clerk named Brooke had me quickly checked in and on my way.

I arrived in time for complimentary evening cocktails and food in the dining area which consisted of adult beverages, chips & queso, fresh veggies, hot dogs with all the fixins and more. I had dinner plans so I only had a small bite but the Margarita was perfect.

The room was perfectly clean as well as the bathroom, the television functioned just fine and the Wi-Fi always worked; seriously, I found no problems even worth mentioning. Breakfast in the morning was a full breakfast with eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal and more not to mention plenty of coffee and juice to go around. I travel to San Antonio a few times a year and this hotel is my new favorite – I will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JackpotJudy
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel seven years ago when it was brand new and found it lovely, comfortable, and convenient to where we were visiting. We recently stayed there for the second time while attending a funeral. We were pleasantly surprised that the beds were still very comfortable, the lobby was comfortable and pleasant, the breakfast was adequate and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was very nice and spacious. We always like to stay on the first or second floor of a hotel and here we were able to stay on the second floor near the stairs and glass-windowed elevator. The floors are configured partially around open balconies that overlook the lobby area. The rooms have small refrigerators, the beds have a variety of pillows, and the rooms are adequately spacious with a desk and chair, a chest of drawers and TV, and an armchair with side table and lamp.
The bathrooms are clean. There are no amenities on the bathroom sink area other than a bar of soap. Instead, there is a dispenser in the bathtub for body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. The only thing that showed its age was the carpet which could use updating.
When we went looking for a snack at 11:00 p.m., we found freshly popped popcorn available in the breakfast area.
The grounds are nicely shaded by large oak trees. There are several restaurants and shopping areas nearby. There is construction under way along Hwy.1604 confusing our GPS. However, the staff cheerfully helped us with the directions over the phone and lowered our rate upon checkin.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we need to stay on the north side of town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xtentx
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first stay at a Drury Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was not fancy but it was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We got a rate of $60 for Friday night and $70 for Saturday and then we got a free upgrade to a suite. The suite had 2 queen beds and a tv in one room and a couch, recliner, tv, microwave, sink and refrigerator in the living area.

We didn't eat the evening kickback meal but the free soft drinks and popcorn were nice. We ate the breakfast one morning. It consisted of sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, donuts and muffins.

The pool area was clean and extra towels were provided for pool use.

Hotel is located next to a Krispy Kreme which is why we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel both mornings.

About 20 miles from Seaworld.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MSHT
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My first time ever in San Antonio and I chose the Drury Inn as I had stayed in one in another state once and enjoyed it. Having a full breakfast and evening food was the biggest plus. The room was really nice and came with a fridge and microwave. The staff was very friendly and if I'm every in San Antonio again, I will most definitely stay at the Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North again.

Room Tip: I had requested to not be near elevators or stairs as I'm a light sleeper and they were very acc...