“Groupon Got me there, Food and Service will get me back”

Myron's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Myron's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 4,783 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wurzbach Parkway
Transit: Via Transit stops at Northwest Military.
Description: Myron’s Prime Steakhouse in San Antonio serves succulent Chicago Prime Beef & offers an extensive wine list & full bar in a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.Myron’s is the only locally owned and operated prime steakhouse and we take pride in that fact by cooking with only the highest-quality ingredients to ensure every bite of your meal is delightful. We have been recognized multiple times by Wine Spectator, receiving awards of excellence for our extensive wine selection. Myron’s offers 350 different labels, including many boutique California wines. Join us for Wine Down Hour everyday from 4 to 6:30 pm where we offer 50% off appetizers, 25% off drinks and wine (bottles under $150).
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I got a pretty good offer from Groupon to go to Myron's. I heard good things about the restaurant, but the Groupon offer actually got me to go. Am I glad we did. The food was excellent and the restaurant has a very nice atmosphere.

We started with a salad and the soup du jour - crab, corn bisque with a hint of Jalapeno. The salad was basic, the soup was excellent. I've had crab/corn bisque before but the jalapeno really added a nice kick. The basic salad that accompanies the meal is iceberg lettuce. I will tell you I love blue cheese dressing and their blue cheese was a little different. I personally didn't like it.

We each ordered a steak - the Large ribeye "Oscar" and the Bone-in Rib eye "myronized". Steaks were cooked to perfection -- medium rare. Oscar added lump crab and asparagus. Myronized was 4 shrimp sautéed in a garlic butter. I will say that I wasn't enamored with the "myronized" and wouldn't order that again, but the "Oscar" was excellent. We also split a side of Jalapeno Mac and Cheese - Delicious - but be warned - it has quite a kick.

I will also point out that all sides are large enough to share - so order a couple for the table.

The restaurant has a good wine list - both by the bottle and by the glass.

One last call out - Jeff - our waiter was excellent - he provided great suggestions and took exceptional care of us without ever feeling like he was hovering.

Groupon got me to make my first visit to Myron's - I'll definitely be going back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

So I came her last week with my family and a friend because we had a Groupon. Myron's went by OK for us, but after all our experiences at Bohanan's downtown, this doesn't quite make our cut.

For my meal, I actually got chicken. The chicken was pretty good for the place, but I have had better for cheaper. My father, on the urges of my mother, got a filet, and she and I had a bite. I thought it was well cooked. Finally, my mother and her friend got some fish that also was good.

The sides were some shoestring potatoes and creamed spinach, and I'm sad to say this, but when you pay as much for a meal here as we did, we expect better than creamed spinach that came out cold. And I felt the espresso after dinner wasn't quite the espresso you expect to get at a high scale restaurant, what with no crema on top.

Good steakhouse, but the environment, while modern, doesn't resonate as well with me as Bohanan's, which I feel is an absolute classic of a restaurant. That's why I prefer that steakhouse as opposed to this one.

1  Thank Jamey D
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I took my son there to celebrate his birthday. The staff made that very special for him. The steak was cooked perfectly. The garlic mashed potatoes were very tasty as well!

1  Thank kuwells
Reviewed February 28, 2013

First time at Myrons and most likely our last. Staff was super friendly and service was outstanding, but our steaks were disappointing for the $150 tab for two. Prior to my $49 ribeye arriving I was served a "slice of lettuce"...yes a slice, no cucumber, shredded carrots, onions, spring mix, tomato etc,.. A salad would have been nice, but not here. Sides were $9 each but really tasty. We ordered the jalepeno mac & cheese and also the creamed spinach...both outstanding! The steak arrived and looked great, but the first 4 bites were nothing but fat and gristle. I realize ribeyes are a more fatty cut, but this was sad. When the waiter checked on us a few minutes later he asked how our steaks were. I asked him to check back with me later as so far I have not tasted it yet and was still only trimming fat. He seemed offended by my comment so I showed him my salad plate that was full of the fat I was trimming off. Half the steak was gone before I finally got a good bite. Flavor was good, but my large ribeye ended up only being about 5 - 6oz at best. I was still hungry when we departed.

I think we will stick with Logans, Texas Land & Cattle, and Longhorns steakhouses as I feel the food is just as good, similar service, and of course reasonably priced. This meal was worth about $70.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family enjoyed Myron's last Friday night. We had a 7:30 reservation. It seemed to take a little while to get us seated -- we were told we were the next party of 5 to be seated when our reservation time came and went. It's wasn't a real problem as we were enjoying the bar and drinks.

While we all loved the restaurant itself, it seemed like the tables were right on top of each other. During the course of our evening, we witnessed or saw three waiters drop their tray, as they ran into someone. Each time someone passed behind our table, they carried their tray directly over our heads. For this reason, this won't be our "date night" restaurant for sure.

The food was very good, served hot. Our waiter however left much to be desired. In fact, we were ready to order when he came over and said, "Let me just get the salads served to that group over there and I'll be back to take your order." Seemed a little off-putting for such an expensive restaurant. Clearly the wait staff have many tables to handle (or at least did on this evening) so you don't get that "personal" service feeling you would get at someplace like Ruth's Chris, Ounce, or Kirby's. We tended to get more response from the gentleman who was filling our water glasses than our waiter. Not at all what we expected from this caliber of restaurant.

I ordered the mixed grill, 2 others at our table ordered filet and shimp and the other person in our our group orded a filet. All enjoyed their meals very much, but said they weren't outstanding. Ironically, each one ordered their steak "medium" and all three ended up being completely different. One was more of a medium/rare while the other two were closer to well-done. The Shrimp Myron is pretty delish as an appetizer. The stuffed quail was the stand-out on my my mixed grill plate. The bread pudding was very tasty.

But I'm afraid the chaos of the space and the unsettling wait service will keep us from going back. I hope they work out some of these kinks. There are just too many other places along the same lines that have a proven track record of consistency.

One more note: They do not have a children's menu at all.

1  Thank Scream9999

Been to Myron's Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!