“Lots of food, Good Prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Furr's Fresh Buffet
Ranked #2,403 of 4,769 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have a large family, and they eat a lot. If you are looking for quantity, good quality at a decent price Furr's is your place. The steaks were good and they make them to order. The rest of the food is buffet style, but overall the quality was good and just about everything I tasted was fresh.

The desert table was fabulous, and I really liked the banana pie and the self serve ice cream.

Lastly, the servers were attentive and did a nice job. A very good experience.

1  Thank David F

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I checked this out on a Friday night because other places were way too crowed and I was hungry. The food was ok. Nothing to really write home about. The roasted chicken was undercooked so after that I sort of lost my desire to eat anything else

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had eaten at Furr's when it was a cafeteria. Good food and comfortable atmosphere. This version is amazing. A seemingly endless variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, breads, and meats. The deserts are good too. I was impressed not only with the food but also the service. Top notch service with a smile. The meal was rightly priced to boot.

1  Thank KOCM
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been to Furr's on 151 in San Antonio a couple of times and pretty much had the same experience each time- food is cafeteria grade (mainly pre-frozen items) and the service is good. I always sample as many food items possible; meat loaf was terrible and they had these little chicken fried chicken steaks and they were also dry and tasteless. The pizza looked weird so I didn't touch it but kids didn't seem to have a problem with it. Pretty much everything was tasteless, overcooked, or bland. I did like the fried potatoes with onions mixed in. Salad bar wasn't too bad and the deserts were good. I like their chocolate pudding pie with whip cream on it. The frozen yogurt machine was down when I was there last. The service was good, they greet you right away and make sure that they clean your off the used dishes and keep the drinks flowing. The price was about $10 for one person, with drink, which is the average buffet price. If your'e into quantity not quality, it's a great place to stuff your face! By the way, the breakfast buffet on saturday and sunday is pretty good but it is so crowded it just ruins the experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Been here twice, once during lunch hour and once during a slower period. Both times the food was fresh and continually replaced and kept appealing looking. Great salad bar and an unbelievable selection of choices including a specialty counter where they individually cut roasts, etc. My biggest complaint was too much to decide from. Wasn't one selection I wasn't happy with and the service of wait staff was helpful and efficient but not pesty. The dessert tables were equally delicious and included a frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream bar and every type of pie, cake and cookie you can think of. A great place to take friends if you're not sure of what kinds of food they like. A vegetarian or vegan would be very comfortable here. Medium priced and fast service.

1  Thank Teri B