“Best Sopapillas!!!”

Maria Mia Mexican Bistro
Ranked #67 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just had their Snapper for lunch, terrible like cutting a steak....
Austin, Texas
“Best Sopapillas!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how good the food was at Maria Mia after reading the reviews. Our family of 6 really enjoyed our lunch there. We all ordered something different, and not one of us had a complaint about our meal. The food was fresh, hot, and seasoned very well. Portions were hug, and our waiter provided excellence service. After eating lunch we looked over at another tables order of Sopapillas, and decided that we had better try some. They were absolutely the very best I have ever had! Yummy! Overall a great eating experience.

Visited July 2013

Missouri City, Texas
“No bueno Tex Mex”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is ok. Its not the worse but I've had much much better. The queso was lukewarm and the quesadillas had no real flavor. The chicken on the quesadillas tasted like plain grilled chicken with no seasoning. Also,I've never been to a TexMex spot that does NOT have green sauce. I would definitely save my money for another texmex spot outside of the riverwalk. My friend had the riverrita and it tasted like the water on thw riverwalk looked.

Loganville, Georgia
“Average Mexican place in the middle of a tourist trap”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good food but nothing special in the middle of a tourist trap. You could do a whole lot worse but this is not the destination if the food is your main attraction. This is all about location and a touristy Mexican experience.

Huffman, Texas
“Great atmosphere right on riverwalk.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was very average. I am always disappointed in the mexican food on the riverwalk. I keep trying different locations on the river but have not found one that is very good Houston has much better Mexican food.

“Don't Bother”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for an early lunch last week right before flying home from TX. Horrible pick for our last meal. I ordered the chicken burrito, there was hardly any chicken in it, practically an empty burrito smothered in sauce. Worst part is it had a really bad aftertaste, almost like freezer burn flavor. Not to mention the salsa tasted like it came from a jar. Go to Mi Tierra if you want Mexican Food, but definitely avoid this place. Also, restaurant had a strange smell.