“Okay, Only Okay”

Maria Mia Mexican Bistro
Ranked #177 of 4,883 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just had their Snapper for lunch, terrible like cutting a steak....
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I first got to the Riverwalk, it was raining, so I couldn't really leave the mall area. I chose this place because I wanted Mexican food, and they had outdoor seating that was out of the rain. The food and service were okay, but nothing spectacular. There was just nothing about this place that stood out and made me want to go back.

Overall, I suggest you take a stroll down the Riverwalk, where you will certainly find something better.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Fajitas were good and stayed very hot. The beer selection is good (they have Dos XX on tap) and served in a large glass.
It was busy at the bar and the service lacked. I had to constantly get the bartenders attention to get refills or anything I needed. Location is nice on the Riverwalk. Too loud. They had not 1, but 2 Mariachi bands competing for attention.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a day of traveling and attending a conference, we were in search of a light dinner and drinks on the Riverwalk. We choose Maria Mias but did not really find any light options. I ordered the River Margarita and it somewhat weak. I have never had a margarita with cherries in it! Overall, it was a so-so experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We really did not eat there we just stopped in for a drink. We chose a large drink and shared it? It was ok not the best...weak on the alcohol and too sour.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good food, good service pleasant environment. We both had a very good meal, for a very reasonable price.