“Diner style eating”

The Pig Stand
Ranked #874 of 4,619 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: been in business since 1920s, used to be an old drive-inn diner
Texas
“Diner style eating”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Unfortunately there is only one Pigs Stand left in San Antonio,its located on Broadway St. close to downtown. The Pig Stand serves everything from seafood to steaks. although all menu items are good we go there for the fried fish, its crispy,tasty and comes with french fries,buttered toast and a side salad. It's a great place to go to if you're on a budget, it's not the Ritz but it's really very good...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank TexasBailey

San Antonio, Texas
“Best home cooked breakfast in san Antonio”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Three of us dined her in April 2012. Had the pig out breakfast...lots of food for a great price. Service was excellent, owner was on premises as she has been for 40 years. Daughter had breakfast tacos and they were some of the biggest I've seen in Texas. Tableside jukeboxes add to the decor. One of the last great diners in America.

1 Thank sfcengland
Weatherford, Texas
“Last of The Great Diners in San Antonio”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

It is New Years Day and I am leaving the Hyatt Hotel from down town. Not wanting to wait for a table in the hotel restaurant, I headed out down Broadway. Then as I come up on the Pig Stands drive in and diner, I could hear it calling my name. Just before 11am I walk in to a historical shrine. Maryanne's Pig Stand has been in San Antonio for nearly 50 years. I told my waiter I wanted bacon and eggs for breakfast. It was a great experience. I noticed a Food Network sign and asked about the sign. Oh, yea we have been on the Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives show. It is worth a stop. My guess it is the lunch blue plate is to kill for.

1 Thank wacomac
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Gotta do the pulled-pork...”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Gotta do the pulled-pork sandwich.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“There's the nostalgia factor for everyone. For me, there was the night of a 1000 traumas. The sour pancakes, my car...”
Reviewed May 22, 2008

There's the nostalgia factor for everyone. For me, there was the night of a 1000 traumas. The sour pancakes, my car breaking down, walking home at 1 in the morning while it was 32 degrees. No me gusta.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook