1,692 results
All reviewsostrabath butlerthe river walkrooftop cafeturn down servicesteam roombrick walljetted tubfour seasonsroom servicehotel restaurantbottled waterwonderful hotela river view roomla mansionluxury hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel as a treat on a business trip and because it seemed to have a decent gym. I enjoyed the check-in staff and the room was spotless and large and the jacuzzi was a big plus in the bathroom. Valet was expensive but very quick and professional.

Unfortunately, I asked for a room with a view and got a view directly into the side of a parking garage. When I couldn’t get the WiFi to work, they patched me into some external help-desk that didn’t know even what hotel I was calling from and when I gave them the name, STILL couldn’t help me because I didn’t have the street address. So I gave up and thankfully, the problem resolved itself (though the free WiFi is less than 2 megs downstream so you can’t steam any content—super lame).

The gym has a Smith machine that’s squeezed against a column so you can’t really get the weights on one side without gymnastics, and then the machine itself sticks and so is useless. The have some pull-down equipment but no triceps bar or attachment (who designs a gym and doesn’t bother to get a few attachments for the equipment?). Anyway, not a big deal but slightly irritating with the rest of it.

I mentioned it all to the manager at the desk and he made notes and offered me a bottle of water.

I like this place but it hasn’t been a $250-a-night experience. I’m guessing there is better somewhere in town.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank tkamber
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I visited Ostra 3 weeks ago for lunch and enjoyed my experience so much, I came back for dinner that same evening. I had the pleasure to come back to San Antonio yesterday and wanted to come back for dinner. Angel, your host, remembered my visit three weeks prior. Thank you Angel, you made a customer feel very special.
Wonderful dinner!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Just left the Omni Mokara from a four night stay. It was a first time in San Antonio and I’m so lucky to have found this gem! Great location and I felt like I walked into another world when I walked in. Impeccable service that you don’t receive very often anymore. Very relaxing environment. Great spa. Very nice relaxing rooms with a large bathroom. I will be back. Highly recommend if you are looking for a sophisticated, relaxing hotel experience.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
LMDR-M, Manager at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear sunnatalie:

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind remarks regarding the level of service and accommodation you received while you were our guest. Every associate at Mokara Hotel and Spa is committed to delivering an exceptional experience from arrival to departure; we could not be more pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We will be sure to share your feedback with our Mokara team members and look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel for my wife’s birthday weekend. We really enjoyed the hotel and the staff. They made my wife’s birthday weekend special. The accommodations were extremely nice. Our Riverfront room was nicely appointed and luxurious. The balcony was a nice spot to watch the activity on the Riverwalk. The room was quiet and dark with the drapes closed, allowing us to sleep in. Our breakfast in the restaurant located on the river level of the hotel was very nice. Thanks Aaron! We will return to enjoy the hotel and restaurant again!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
LMDR-M, Manager at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear James H:

Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very fortunate to have the River Walk and many downtown attractions right out of our hotel doors. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This was the 2nd time staying at the Mokara Hotel and Spa. We stayed on the 3rd floor that over looked the river walk . The room was clean, nicely decorated, all the things of being at home, tv, refrigerator, king size comfy bed, huge tub, double shower, robe, slippers and of course the pool on the 8th floor that has an amazing city line view to it, just perfect for a getaway weekend. I have to say from the time that you pull up to the front door the bell men are pleasant, willing to help in any way, directions, water, just nice, Abel is awesome. But lets talk about the staff that greet you at the front door. OMG, wonderful from the word go. I must say I have 2 people that have become family in the short time being there, Petra Hares Rodriguez, Concierge, amazing all around and Nicolas Mulatier, Asst. Front Office Manager. I would say that it is a must to stay here. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable again! See you all very soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the river walk side
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShoreCollins1
LMDR-M, Manager at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear ShoreCollins1:

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the 5 Star review! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are glad to hear you were pleased with your accommodations as well as enjoyed the amenities Mokara has to offer. We look forward to your return!