“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Cypress
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed 2 nights for our anniversary. It was a great experience, very friendly staff, and refreshments available in the lobby. We felt like special guests. My wife and I did not sleep well on the bed, but otherwise everything else was top of the line and I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a romantic stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I can't recommend this hotel enough... this is the PRIMO place to stay in SA...there is no higher rating for a hotel on a 5 star rating THIS IS THE 5 STAR HOTEL.... you will be impressed by the level of service and we were spoiled. Use your AAA for some discounts. We will definitely be back again. This is THE place to stay if you are visiting the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

houston, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a very clean hotel, it smelled sooo good. I didn't want to leave. I enjoyed my stay very much. My husband and I was celebrating our bday and we just got married! We were greeting with a smile and was always called by my married last name. :-) I loved that! :-) We received chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne...complimentary due to the celebration. We also received 4 free breakfast certificates for our whole stay due to not being in a city view room. Our room was facing a garage and a brick wall. But, that was ok....I gladly accepted the free breakfast certificates in compensation. We also received 4 free tickets for the riverwalk boat ride. I love freebies! We had a very nice time here. The hotel is very clean....and the guests are pleasant. Very upscale hotel....the way I like it! We also celebrated July 4th here....the concierge was very helpful and gave us events happening around the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Oh! One thing....dogs are welcome here. I am not a pet lover but it didn't bother me. I actually only seen 1 small dog...it was adorable. ALMOST ...made me one a dog, lol.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

San Antonio
Reviewed July 8, 2014

As a native San Antonia enjoying the occasional staycation, I have seen many hotels come and go on the Riverwalk, yet the Mokara still reigns supreme. Yes it is expensive but worth it in every respect. The hotel is incredibly quiet just steps off the crazy Riverwalk and the interior lobby and rooms are immaculate. Kudos to concierge Petra and the rest of the staff for impeccable service and attention.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Riverwalk (most are) or you will be facing an adjoining building
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Urbana, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Best of every aspect just as you would expect based on all the promotions already out there about this Hotel. Ok that being said they want a 200 characters review which is really unnecessary because it really is everything you have heard about it. Enjoy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Pflugerville, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love the Mokara on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I love the smell and how quiet it is in spite of being so close to the busy Riverwalk. Ostra made the best vodka tonics known to man. Yum. If you want a feeling of "being special" stay here, ya don't get that at the giant hotels anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I'm a frequent business and leisure traveler from coast to coast and have stayed at other Omni properties. However, this was the best experience my family and I have ever enjoyed. EVERYONE was super attentive and appreciative. I especially enjoyed they way they treated my 6yo daughter, from the princess manicure to the cookies and milk at bedtime. All of us wanted for nothing. The spa is truly exceptional, the facility was superb and the masseuses were excellent. We both commented we now need to find better masseurs in Houston. Ostra was great for breakfast with a nice selection of cheeses, omelets and homemade sausages. The smoked salmon eggs benedict was fantastic. This is now the ONLY place I will stay when in San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family