1,692 results
All reviewsostrabath butlerthe river walkrooftop cafeturn down servicesteam roombrick walljetted tubfour seasonsroom servicehotel restaurantbottled waterwonderful hotela river view roomla mansionluxury hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at Mokara and had a wonderful, luxurious time. Everything was comfortable about our stay, and the service was EXCELLENT. The location on the Riverwalk is hard to beat. And the hotel restaurant (where we had breakfast buffet) was tasty even if not expansive. Just a couple of nit-picky suggestions/things that kept the stay from being perfect:
1. It would have been nice if the heated rooftop pool had stayed open past 10pm.
2. There was a fair amount of street/riverwalk noise late into the night. I wished the windows/balcony doors had provided just a bit more noise insulation.
3. The climate control turning on and off was very loud. Eventually I turned the fan to "on" instead of "auto" and that helped with both the street noise and the on/off noise of the ventilation system.
4. The bed was very comfortable, but the bedding was a single feather comforter, which made it hard to get the temperature right while sleeping. I love the plushness of feather comforters, but I wish there had been a separate sheet and/or light blanket to better control the sleeping temperature.
5. The price was just a bit high (for our night there) to ensure that we return, but it will be on our list of possibilities if there is a sale or lower rates given the time of year.

Room Tip: We were in a Riverwalk-side room. Not sure the experience would be quite as appealing if we had faced the street, but it might have been a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Trip was intended as a Mother/Daughter Spa trip. The hotel was nice and people were friendly, but the spa experience was overrated and over priced. I was called 3 times to confirm my spa appointments, asked to fill the paperwork out in advance to save time and then they lost it anyways so I had to sit there and reanswer all the questions. It took me 3 tries to get my hotel bill corrected to reflect a 15% discount the spa publishes in it's spa treatment descriptions. It took us 30 mins to get coffee in the lobby the first day. We were looking forward to a relaxing, long weekend visit which was not a 4 star experience but set at a 4 start price. I will not be going back any time soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Norine S
JDeBottis, Manager at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Norine S,

Thank you for your review and thank you for the positive comments regarding the hotel and our associates. My true apologies for the issue you encountered in the Spa with the discount and with your paperwork. We take any lapses seriously and always take great pride in providing great service towards our guests. I have personally followed up directly with our Spa Director regarding you feedback.

Again, thank you for your review and if I may be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

All the best,

Josh DeBottis

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My fiance and I stayed at the Mokara for a long weekend. As a seasoned traveler, this was by far one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The staff is extremely attentive accommodating and so personable. It's rare that I remember staff names , but here are a few. Petra, Ruby, George, Grant, and Pei Ting are just a few of the amazing professionals who are genuinely eager to provide a five star hotel experience. Ostra was so delicious we ate dinner there two nights. The spa is a wonderful retreat, as is the rooftop pool. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Mokara two times. We love the hotel. It's beautiful and clean, and the employees are very friendly and accommodating. The location cannot be beat; it's within walking distance of everything in down town San Antonio. The only complaint we have is the bed. Oh my, it's hard! Obviously it wasn't enough to keep us away the second time, but it can be painful to sleep on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Mokara San Antonio exceeded my expectations every chance I gave them. I loved the different fruit drinks offered in the lobby each day. Room was neat and comfortable with a river view. Bath butler was a great idea. Ostra breakfast, dinner, and cocktails were all very good and may cause one to reconsider dining anywhere else. Spa treatment called Summer Rain is a rarely offered treatment so I enjoyed one each day of my stay. I loved the whole dang thang.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business