Mokara Hotel and Spa
$169
$160
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$139
ComfortSuites
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$159
Hotel Contessa
$199
$239
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$190
Agoda.com
$389
JW Marriott
1,648 results
All reviewsostrabath butlerthe river walkturn down servicesteam roombrick wallrooftop poolseparate showerjetted tubfour seasonssister hotelchocolate covered strawberriesroom servicebottle of champagnebottled waterhotel restaurantbeautiful hotel
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a wonderful boutique hotel in a perfect location on the riverwalk San Antonio .
Great restaurants are a 5 min walk away
The concierge, Petra, recommended a great jazz bar 5 minutes away as well
Staff is first rate
Spa is wonderful- even for a guy. I had the deep tissue massage
For those men who don't want to have a massage, work out on the 8th floor, then use the steam room in the spa for complete relaxation.
This is a gem and a great place for couples.
Not for kids

Room Tip: Higher floor Get the spa "package" which includes breakfast (includes room service) Get riverwalk view
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure this is the best hotel in downtown San Antonio. It's a convenient walk to everything. Our room was large, comfortable and quiet. Senior rate of $255 was a bargain. Ugly view of brick wall just 15 feet from our window with nasty bird droppings everywhere. That's my only complaint. Staff was friendly, professional and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and not outrageously priced. We would definitely stay here again but I'd pay up for a room with a view and a balcony.

Room Tip: Best rates get you great room with no view whatsoever.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have to say that I was initially disappointed in the hotel because the location wasn't what I expected... I thought it was right on the Riverwalk, and in reality it's across a narrow street from it. Our last stay was at La Mansion, their sister hotel just across the river, whose rooms are literally spitting distance from the water. Our room at the Mokara was across a street and up 5 floors, which wasn't what I pictured.
However, after our four nights here, I have to say that I found those objections to actually be positives... the Riverwalk is party-central on weekends, so I think a room that was lower and closer would have been uncomfortably loud.
Petra, the concierge, helped us with dinner reservations at a very hard-to-get-in restaurant, and both she and Juan (the bellman) remembered us each time we encountered them. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel room was nicely appointed, although I'd hoped the upgraded room we booked would have been a bit larger. I might look into the spa suites next time...
And I would stay here again, as it was exactly what I was hoping it would be -- quietly upscale, with great service.

Room Tip: You definitely want a Riverwalk view, and a higher floor will be quieter, as well as give you views of the surrounding buildings.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I always seem to be criticising but after staying 3 nights in this hotel, i can't think of anything bad to say. Its ideally located and the staff are so helpful. I was persuaded by my wife to pamper myself so i visited the spa and had a massage and pedicure, excellent. Great coffee in the rooms and fast room service. We will make this hotel our base in san antonio from now on.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony or patio
1  Thank bolmanlp
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, charming, and in the ideal location to enjoy being directly on the riverwalk. And easy walking distance to the Alamo, the Mercado (city market), and the Tower of the Americas. The spa in the hotel was wonderful as well. The concierge service was very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 774 and 775 join to make a master bedroom/ bath with jetted tub and seperate a sitting room with a pullman king size bed and another full bath with jetted tub and a view to overlook the riverwalk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family