“Serenity, Service, and Spa GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY”

Mokara Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Serenity, Service, and Spa GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a wonderful boutique hotel in a perfect location on the riverwalk San Antonio .
Great restaurants are a 5 min walk away
The concierge, Petra, recommended a great jazz bar 5 minutes away as well
Staff is first rate
Spa is wonderful- even for a guy. I had the deep tissue massage
For those men who don't want to have a massage, work out on the 8th floor, then use the steam room in the spa for complete relaxation.
This is a gem and a great place for couples.
Not for kids

Room Tip: Higher floor Get the spa "package" which includes breakfast (includes room service) Get...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure this is the best hotel in downtown San Antonio. It's a convenient walk to everything. Our room was large, comfortable and quiet. Senior rate of $255 was a bargain. Ugly view of brick wall just 15 feet from our window with nasty bird droppings everywhere. That's my only complaint. Staff was friendly, professional and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and not outrageously priced. We would definitely stay here again but I'd pay up for a room with a view and a balcony.

Room Tip: Best rates get you great room with no view whatsoever.
San Francisco, Ca
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have to say that I was initially disappointed in the hotel because the location wasn't what I expected... I thought it was right on the Riverwalk, and in reality it's across a narrow street from it. Our last stay was at La Mansion, their sister hotel just across the river, whose rooms are literally spitting distance from the water. Our room at the Mokara was across a street and up 5 floors, which wasn't what I pictured.
However, after our four nights here, I have to say that I found those objections to actually be positives... the Riverwalk is party-central on weekends, so I think a room that was lower and closer would have been uncomfortably loud.
Petra, the concierge, helped us with dinner reservations at a very hard-to-get-in restaurant, and both she and Juan (the bellman) remembered us each time we encountered them. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel room was nicely appointed, although I'd hoped the upgraded room we booked would have been a bit larger. I might look into the spa suites next time...
And I would stay here again, as it was exactly what I was hoping it would be -- quietly upscale, with great service.

Room Tip: You definitely want a Riverwalk view, and a higher floor will be quieter, as well as give you views...
Saltillo, Mexico
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I always seem to be criticising but after staying 3 nights in this hotel, i can't think of anything bad to say. Its ideally located and the staff are so helpful. I was persuaded by my wife to pamper myself so i visited the spa and had a massage and pedicure, excellent. Great coffee in the rooms and fast room service. We will make this hotel our base in san antonio from now on.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony or patio
1 Thank bolmanlp
Rogersville, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, charming, and in the ideal location to enjoy being directly on the riverwalk. And easy walking distance to the Alamo, the Mercado (city market), and the Tower of the Americas. The spa in the hotel was wonderful as well. The concierge service was very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 774 and 775 join to make a master bedroom/ bath with jetted tub and seperate a sitting room wit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
atlanta
Reviewed April 3, 2013

From the minute we stepped out of our car to the minute we got back in to leave, the entire staff bent over backwards to make our stay an excellent one.. When was the last time you were handed a cold bottle of water while the bellman was unloading your luggage? When was the last time you asked the front desk for a cup of coffee, they gave it you gratis, asked if you wanted a complimentary NY Times (Sunday), asked if you wanted them to go up the elevator with you to your room because your hands were full .. etc etc .. Servers in Ostra giving impromptu lessons on their many tequilas.. spa workers making sure your every service was value packed .. This is not a priceline hotel with purposeful mis ratings (San Antonio is one of the worst for that). mokara is a high value hotel in an excellent Riverwalk location.. that you will want to visit again and again ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was a little disappointed when we got an interior room and only had a small window looking onto some patios and rooftops but the service made up for it! The location is great and the staff goes out of their way to make sure every need is met. Rooms are clean and luxurious and coffee in the room was excellent. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family