Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
Ranked #92 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Glasgow
“Very Convenient”
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Clean, Friendly Staff, Good Breakfast, Free Shuttle (5mins to centre) ,Fair Price ,Very Close to Amenities all good points.
Only problems are trains . Not too bad.
Also surrounding district not attractive.
Well worth the money as our previous hotel was not much cheaper but out of town a bit and a dump.

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2007

I should have heeded the warnings of previous reviewers. This is a nice hotel, with very pleasant staff, but just after getting to my room I began hearing the trains. They come through CONSTANTLY. And blow their horns all the way by. I asked for another room, and was told that it would not make a difference. A printed note on the nightstand said that many guests comment about the trains, so free earplugs were in the drawer. I used them, but was still awakened by blaring horns all night long. In a 12-hour period at least 20 passed by. I checked out the next morning and moved to a Hampton Inn close to the airport.

The room was clean and comfortable, but I could never recommend this hotel to anyone. Look elsewhere!!!

• Disliked — Trains!
  • Tips/Secrets — Be deaf or stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ingleberg
canada
Reviewed November 30, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for three days in November 2006. The hotel was well located close to the riverfront area. Although a little far to walk for us (15-20 minutes), the hotel had a shuttle that left on the half hour. All the staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful to our requests. The room was a good size with king bed and couch. It was also very clean as was everywhere else in the hotel. The shuttle ran us up to the riverwalk area and the market square. It also took us to the Cathedral on Sunday for noon mass. We thought it was a Marachi mass but that is on Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. However, the mass was celebrated by three priests and in Spanish. It was a wonderful mass in the oldest Cathedral in the United States. The choir was beautiful and sang not hymes but what seemed more like folk songs. All in all we had a wonderful three days and would stay in the same hotel again.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and cleanliness of room, Availability of shuttle
  • Disliked — Trains pass close to hotel.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noel M
High Wycombe, England
Reviewed October 3, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights and enjoyed it. The hotel is clean and tidy with everything you'll need, with friendly, helpful staff.

Theres a regular shuttle into san antonio so I wouldn't be too concerned about getting to and from the hotel. In the daytime its not a problem to walk into downtown san antonio but I gather in the evening it can be a bit dodgy, so either the shuttle or a cab would solve that problem.

The hotel is near a railway line but it didn't bother me - I occassionally heard it but it didn't wake me up or anything like that.

Overall we were very happy to stay here - in my opinion lots of hotels are very similar and what makes the difference is the quality of the staff and how keen they are to make your stay as good as possible, and in that respect this hotel was excellent.

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2006

A pleasant surprise. For the price you can't find a better overall place to stay. Free parking, free shuttle, free breakfast, but the best part was the staff. They were the nicest people I have ever met at any hotel and I've been to alot of them. Tour bus will pick up at hotel. Pool was small but nice. Great beds to sleep in. Hotel is about a half mile from riverwalk but use the shuttle. Sooo easy.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Tips/Secrets — use the hotel shuttle
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry in Pittsburgh
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 23, 2006

I have enjoyed my stay at this HIE. The staff here at the hotel are very friendly. There is plenty of free parking. I have been here for two nights and taken advantage of the hotel shuttle both nights for a ride down to the river. The drivers were knowledgable about eateries and made excellent suggestions. The area around the hotel is depressed but has not affected my stay and for $89.00 per night why stay anywhere else. I have not heard any trains and have slept well. The room I have is a suite, with a seperate living area and bedroom. There is a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and sink. Just minutes away from the airport and easy access to the interstate, I will be staying here again.

• Liked — quality and price
  • Tips/Secrets — use the shuttle
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank jimthestonemaker
Mansfield, TX
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We read some great review of the property and decided to book it. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. The hotel was in great shape. Everything was looking good until time to sleep. The hotel is right next to a train station! At about 3 AM when another train went screaming by, my wife said to me...."that was number 7". We didn't get much sleep, and decided to move to another hotel the next night. Everything was good except location, which made the most important thing (sleep) bad!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Noisy locaton
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring ear plugs