For the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out it was a horrible experience. We arrived and the first thing you see the whole front of the hotel is shutdown and they're workers present. When I showed my concern to desk and question why they failed to mention the remodeling when I called that morning, their response was it doesn't affect your stay. I knew at that point I should of just canceled my stay, but I continued the check in process. We literally dropped our baggage off and decided to take advantage of their "free shuttle bus". We were dropped off and told this is where you need to be to be picked up, and we run every 30 minutes. So we continued our family trip to beautiful River Walk. We decided to head back to the motel and called the shuttle at 7:54 to be picked up. We waited over 40 minutes and the shuttle bus was a no show. So we called again and we were instructed my the receptionist to walk 2 more blocks to a different pick up location, because "police" were not allowing the driver to head that direction. After almos another 30 more minutes of no shuttle bus we decided to take a taxi cab back to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel only to find out that shuttle bus wasn't and hadn't been picking up people nor dropping them off. The shuttle bus driver was no were to be found, and in "traffic". It was a nightmare for our family of 3 especially considering the fact that I'm currently expecting another child in less than 6 weeks. I asked for a refund considering the fact that we hadn't spend but maybe 5 minutes in our actual room. The General Manager of that location was extremely unprofessional and refused to give our family a refund and or offer to pay for our taxi cab back to the hotel. Definately not worth paying almost $180.00 for this type of service. The whole reason we had picked this location was because it painted a beautiful picture and the convinience of a shuttle ride to River Walk. Our family walked out and hopefully they will refund my money! I couldn't handle being in that poor excuse of a Holiday Inn Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area. We are also the closest Holiday Inn Express hotel to The Riverwalk, Convention Center, Rivercenter Mall, Alamo Dome. This San Antonio downtown hotel is 100% smoke free!! All of the guestrooms in our hotel include microwaves & refrigerators, complimentary in room coffee, complimentary high speed Internet access, & of course, our Simply Smart Bedding Collection as well as our Stay Smart shower head. Upgrade to one of our suites for additional space & comfort. All of the hotels suites include wet bars, sofa sleepers in the living room & separate televisions in the bedroom & living room. With features like free hot breakfast, free Internet access, free shuttle service to Convention Center, River Center Mall and Market Square, free parking, why stay anywhere else? Our friendly staff & special services make us the Smart choice when staying in San Antonio. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rivercenter Area & leave everything to us. Again, welcome to San Antonio!! We look forward to having you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio Rivercenter Area
- Holiday Inn Express Rivercenter
- Holiday Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn