“Nice Little Hotel for Price”

Days Inn Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak
Ranked #186 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Nice little Hotel. Area was very nice full of Restaurents and Shopping. Room very comfortable, nice beddings and free bottle water everyday... Wow. Breakfast got all the options and it's free. Staff very helpful too. I will go back any time...........

Stayed: November 2007
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak

Reviewed April 19, 2007

We stayed four nights in this hotel and I couldn't wait to leave...those were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. The night's sleep was further degraded by the insufferable tiny limp pillows (two almost made a decent pillow but don't try to watch TV in bed by lying back on them). When I checked in I had some changes to inquire about. Instead of being forthright and just giving me my options or lack thereof, the front desk clerk was smart alecky and kept reminding me that I need to have made any changes 24 hours prior. I was well aware of the 24 hour rule, I was only inquiring as to whether it would be in the interest of both of us to make the change I was requesting. I didn't need to be told over and over that there was a 24 hour rule for changes...and I didn't need to be told "well, let's make a deal then". I considered him rude and made absolutely no changes to my reservation in the end because I didn't want to deal with him. Apparently, the coffee pot in the kitchen was not working properly so 3 of the 4 days we were there, the "hot" breakfast buffet served lukewarm coffee. The hotel was extremely noisy, we had a ground floor room and the tenants above us sounded like they were doing gymnastics above us. We finally called and complained one night, but although the front desk promised to call immediately, the jumping and stomping upstairs did not cease. I would not stay there again. The price was comparable with other hotels in the area and you can choose another hotel and get better service and a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tchwawa
Marshall, TX
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I picked this hotel because of the reviews that were previously posted. I would like to agree with my fellow travelers and say that this is a great place to stay, especially if you have children. We booked the two queen and one sofa bed suite. You get a better deal if you book online at the Choice's website. The hot breakfast bar was great. You may want to get there early or take the food back to your room. The dining area is very small. The hotel is very close to area shopping centers. Also, if you are on a budget on food, there is a HEB grocery store that is open 24 hours a day nearby. Getting to Fiesta Texas or Sea World was just a matter of getting on loop 1604 and heading west. Getting to downtown was just as easy as well (Hwy 281 south). Overall, a 20 minute drive will get you to just about any of the main attractions that SA has to offer. The swimming was pool was a little bit on the small size, but ideal for kids. Its only 5 feet deep. We arrived on a Wednesday and departed on a Saturday. We did not encounter any problems with the pool being too crowded. The fitness room only have 3 machines: treadmill, bicycle, and weight machine. All of the machines worked fine. The staff was super friendly. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston TX
Reviewed June 4, 2006

This is a great place to stay with your kiddos. We got a suite with a seperate sleeping area and it was great. Clean rooms, nice decor, great value. Super friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast thats free!! Nice make your own waffles. We will stay here again!!! Nice area of town too.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2006

The room and common areas were very clean, and nicely furnished. Staff was friendly, and very helpful. Hotel is set back from Hwy 281, and far enough away from 1604, so that no traffic noise was noticed. Very convenient to shopping center across street, which has many retail stores and restaurants. Only "minuses" were the poor quality bed pillows (small and flat), and the limited table/seating area for the breakfast (though the breakfast selection was very good).
I would definetly stay here again (and bring my own pillow); a great price for a very nice hotel.

6  Thank Pact2Go
Dallas
Reviewed June 22, 2005

I recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. I stayed in a suite with 3 other people. I found the accomodations very nice. The beds were clean and comfortable. It was great having the extra space in the suite. There were french doors for the bedroom so the living area could be closed off. There were 2 televisions, which was nice for four people. The amenities were great. We had an iron and an ironing board, a microwave, mini-fridge (not stocked), coffee maker and internet access. I highly recommend staying in a suite, especially for those staying with children. There is also a continental breakfast. It wasn't gourmet but it did serve its purpose. There is also a nice, small pool outside. Overall, this hotel was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2005

Floor in my room was sticky with a soda pop spill from a previous stay. Garbage was found on floor and covers smelled of "something". I reported it and it was not cleaned adequately. Indeed the pop stain was left for us to stick to as we walked around the room. Nice! Bed painful, staff uncourteous, 1 rude. Complimentary items only there on the 1st night and never again. Staff watched TV in lounge at high volume, interupting our sleep after 11 pm. I am very unhappy and will not stay at another Choice Hotel again! I travel A LOT, and this is the worst experience of my life.
PS. Pool very small and is not reflected correctly in staged photos on the net.
Good business center. ONE staff member (female) was very nice to us and tried to help. The rest...NOT! If you are going to spend the money anyway, stay far away from this hotel!...

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business