“Surprisingly fresh”

Piranha Killer Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Piranha Killer Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,467 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Piranha Killer Sushi is a premier dining destination for exquisite sushi and cuisine. KILLER SUSHI - KILLER DRINKS - KILLER ATMOSPHERE Piranha Killer Sushi serves up a twist on Japanese cuisine by fusing flavors of the Pacific Asian Rim into traditional classics as well as unique signature dishes. Piranha Killer Sushi has locations in North Arlington, South Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio with more locations on the way. Stellar guests relations and customer service is our goal as well as connecting and giving back to our communities. Piranha Killer Sushi has partnered with charities such as The Boys & Girls Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, March of Dimes and many more as well as conducting annual toy and canned food drives. We Welcome You to Piranha Killer Sushi!
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly fresh”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Surprisingly fresh fish for the middle of Texas. Great service (our waiter was Anna, and she was terrific) and plenty of options on the menu. Clean restaurant with a fun atmosphere.

Visited June 2013

Converse, Texas
“"Kill me now" Sushi”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

They say not to choose a wine that sports a funny, cute, or saucy label, as it tends to cover up low-quality wine. I could say the same for using a catchy name and a colorful mascot to sell sushi. My friend and I love sushi and make it a point to try new restaurants in the area. I am usually, if not starry-eyed, at least satisfied. Here, however, I was underwhelmed to disappointment. We came on St. Patrick's Day, and they dyed the rice green, which was actually a fun idea-- except when you get big square rolls of bland rice with small strips of tasteless fish on top, it just ends up being a gimmick. My friend is much less picky than I am, and even she commented on how unappealing her sushi was. No, you're better off looking for some unassuming sushi place named after the owner or a city in Japan.

• Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Left here craving sushi!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree with the other positive reviews here. The food is a little cheaper than other sushi joints, it is in a cool little part of the Quarry, but the simple fact is this...
The food isn't good!
Started with the tuna tataki over ponzu....bland, flavorless. Every roll we tried had really gummy rice and little to no fish. The rainbow roll was topped with tiny slices, but the others didn't even look like they had any. The sashimi itself was palatable, but small and not as fresh as I would have liked. The spicy tuna roll had this sauce on it that tasted like ketchup! KETCHUP!!! It was gross. I normally have a "no sushi left behind" mentality, but in this case I made an exception.

We left regretting our decision and craving sushi. We posted a comment expressing our disappointment on Facebook, they deleted it.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fresh and interesting”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Great appetizers , the conch and octopus salad was great, sushi was so fresh and melted in my mouth, service good and ate outdoors, very nice evening

“Composed and consistent under pressure.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The Saturday after Valentines day is a rough time for any resturaunt. Not to mention being down a server because they were sick (overheard). The sushi chefs were under extreme strain and I think the manager was waiting tables. In spite of a bit of a wait for tables (thankfully i was alone and sat at the bar) the service and food quality was dead on. I've always had a good experience at Piranha at any location I've been, but seeing them handle the constant flood of people and still provide exceptional service and food was fantastic.