Riverwalk Vista
  • Restaurant
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
  • Pool
Wyndham Riverside Suites(San Antonio)
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstreet noisecomplimentary wineafternoon cookieswood floorsfresh baked cookiesteddy bear on the bednoise machinehistoric buildingcommerce streettall ceilingsbed and breakfastmodern bathroomsmall hotelcommon areasconvention centerthe river walkcharming hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

What others are calling charming and historic, I consider run-down and old. Maybe I didn't do my homework and read enough about this hotel so I will just post photos and let you decide for yourself. For $225/night I expect a LOT more than a noisy room with shabby furnishings and poor quality interior that is not well taken care of. You know if they give out ear plugs at the front desk that there is a problem with noise!!! The inn keepers were all very nice and responsive and the breakfast and afternoon cookies were much better than your average hotel fare. I think they can get away with this because the location next to the Riverwalk can't be beat.

2  Thank Wishflower
RiverwalkVista, General Manager at Riverwalk Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the second time about your recent stay with us. I have responded to your first review dated January 31, 2014 and will address this review as well.

We do appreciate your input. We offered to help find different accommodations at another hotel without charging the guest for the nights they have booked. They declined and said they love it here. Perhaps it was a hectic travel day for them and once they were settled in they felt different. They even brought friends up for a tour of their room and the common areas. The Riverwalk Vista is located in a prime location; we are a few steps from all the major tourist attractions which is a huge attraction for all our guests.

We discovered the couch cushion after this guest checked out. It seems the guest was able to arrange the cushions in this unattractive manor for the photograph. We are always happy to address any maintenance issues given the guest notifies us during their stay.

Innkeepers
Riverwalk Vista

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It makes you feel like you are at home. It is beautifully decorated and centrally located. Patty, the concierge, was charming, and the breakfast was delicious.. My 8 year old thought Patty was funny and became fast friends with her. She reminded me of what I like about great small hotels-thoughtful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Riverwalk Vista was a great choice! We loved our room - the furniture was very comfortable, great bathroom and love the open/common areas in the building! David was very helpful in helping us choose restaurants! Very nice to have wine also when we went back to take a short break between our afternoon sightseeing and evening out. Pattie and Catherine were very nice and also helpful. We love smaller boutique style hotels and this one was just perfect! The location is great - just walk across the street, down the stairs and you are on the river walk!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the Riverwalk Vista last week and wanted to stay longer, so charmed were we by this tiny gem of an inn. The soaring ceilings and huge windows made the room feel airy and large; the bed was comfortable and the linens soft, not starchy; the shower was sumptuous and elegant; and the staff were delightful. Catherine provided perfect restaurant recommendations for both lunches and was a friendly and cheerful presence throughout. Breakfast was simple but delicious (those green chile quiches!) and the lounge was a great place to sit and leaf through a magazine. We'd love to return for a future trip!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was immediately impressed - as I was walking in, the innkeeper going off duty was just leaving her shift. She turned around, took me inside and knew I was there to meet with my family before I could say a word. All the innkeepers - we met 4 - were awesome and went out of their way to be accommodating. I would give any one of them a job! The rooms were great. Comfortable, and charming. More like a Bed and Breakfast than anything. Includes an afternoon snack of a warm cookie, homemade breakfast, wine and fresh squeezed lemonade at night. Very comfortable and relaxing. However, the street noise is a problem that I am unsure that they can solve - the dilemma of having a downtown hotel. Location is wonderful - walking distance from nearly everything.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family