“Wonderful RiverWalk boat tour”

Rio San Antonio Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.00*
and up
San Antonio Explorer Pass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Step aboard a River Cruising Barge for an exciting and entertaining narrative of the rich history of the San Antonio River! Cruises are about 35 minutes long and cover one and a half miles of the beautiful San Antonio River Walk. We also offer Dining Charters, River Taxi shuttle and Private Charters.
Reviewed April 5, 2009

The tip here is to go early in the morning and the boats are not at all crowded which made it quite enjoyable. Our guide Tony was wonderful. It has to be tough on them giving the same talk again and again all day long and keeping it interesting He customized it to the people and questions we asked. Wonderful experience highlight of our trip!

2  Thank Stevied888
Write a ReviewReviews (3,321)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

We went on the Rio San Antonio Cruise as it was one of the recommended things for us to do while in San Antonio. We enjoyed the cruise, but I will agree with another reviewer that they do tend to pack you in on that boat. Another part of another review is correct also, in that if parents don't control their children it can take away from other's enjoyment. The guide gave a very informative review of the history of the Riverwalk, so all in all we did enjoy it. I did also notice while on the Riverwalk that some of the restaurants do dinner cruises on the boats... this we did not know anything about until too late into our trip.

2  Thank zippie1969
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We took the boats during the day and one during the night. This gives you two different perspectives. The guides tell you different things also. We enjoyed both but my favorite was at night because it was romantic.

2  Thank LisaWayne
Reviewed June 2, 2008

My hosts in San Antonio insisted on taking me to the Riverwalk and on the boat cruise; I am glad they did! We didn't leave until after dark, but that did nothing but add to the charm of the tour and made the heat much more tolerable!

The cruise lasts about a half hour, and for less than $8 you get a history lesson, tour and a nice break for your feet. Our boat was not packed but still full (no sardines) and the children onboard...gee, I don't recall any! Just the beautiful lights, sights, the music and laughter is all I recall. Definitely a fun thing to do in San Antonio.

2  Thank kadelia
Reviewed May 22, 2008

The only reason I took this boat ride was because I was with my 88 year old mother-in-law and she walks slow and tires readily. We were packed in like sardines and there were quite a few children on the boat. They were loud, obnoxious and their parents did nothing to control them; also several babies were on board that were yanking on my mother-in-law. It was cheap but tortuous. There is every reason to avoid these "water taxis."

I can't believe people like San Antonio. There must not be much to see in that neck of the woods since that's the only thing that makes sense to me for how crowded the place is. The river walk comes across as completely artificial; it has a carnival type atmosphere with people trying to sell you things and it is packed with morbidly obese people. I thought people in California were pretty overweight until I got to Texas.

If this is the future of our country, we are in big trouble.

2  Thank pack20