“Stolen Property”

Ranked #186 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Tyler
“Stolen Property”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Our family of 3 stayed at this hotel and went to Sea World. I can not begin to tell you all the bad things that happen.. When we where leaving to go to SW on the first morning my daughters Nintendo DS and 4 games and the case and charger were on the nightstand when my husband suggested that maybe I should put it in the drawer while we were gone, so I did. The day after we got back to our home I realized that I had never got the DS out of the drawer of the nightstand.. I got on the phone and called the hotel and the Asst. Manager said that they had found it and it was in one of the lost and founds that there is one on each floor of the hotel, he said to call back later on that night and told me who to talk to. When I called back I was told by this employee that he was NOT found that a car charger and car remote were found in the room next to the room that we stayed in. Also I ask at this time had anyone else stayed in this room since we left and she said NO! The next morning I called again to talk to the Asst. Manager and he said that they had found a camera chip and that it was in the room on the other side of ours not even the same one the female employee told me about. I called again the next day and the next and finally got to talk to the Manager and he said they and found a DS and I told him that was what I was looking for and he said no, that it was a camera chip and then lafter on it told my husband he never said he found a DS and that if I called again that he was going to call the police and report me for calling them ever day and asking had they found it yet.. He said my kid left it somewhere else not at that hotel.. She never even knew it was in the drawer or that I had left it until I called the hotel.. I called the corporate office and they said the hotel would have to be the one to do something, if anything was done about it.. I ask the manager if he would replace it or give us a refund and he said NO WAY! Also the room smelled like smoke and the ice box never got cold and we always and to ask for towels and the pool was dark and dirty and the dumpster was to close to the pool area. The breakfast was poor, and the smoke detector was beeping and my husband went and told them and they gave him a battery and told us to change it.. Never stay a hotel owned by this company.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2007

This place isnt too bad of a hotel, but there is only one elevator and it rarely seemed to work. One couple waited over 20 minutes to use it, and i waited over 10 minutes to use it. Stayed 2nd night at another hotel, dont waste your money here.
Rooms weren't bad

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Road noise is a big problem interfering with sleep. The walls transmit noise from the other rooms and the structure (stairs). The breakfast was below standard. Overall OK but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I had a nightmare in the downtown area of San Antonio and had to leave after 1 night and this hotel was fantastic.
I called up the night ai had trouble and they found me a room. When I said that it was dearer than I usually paid they charged me less.
With a safe, fridge and microwave you were set up - especially if you want to go to Sea World like we did. The breakfast was a bit frantic but that was the clientel wanting to get to sea world more than the staff.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — navigating the american junctions
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mmmmmn
smithSanAntonio_tx, General Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We would be happy to see you again. Hope you had great time staying with us.
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 12, 2006

The only good thing about this hotel is that it's a short ride from Sea World. We stayed here last summer and that visit may have merited a "2" but this one was the kicker. This visit, we stayed 3 nights. First of all, my reservation was messed up - this could have been fixed by the staff but they pretended not to know how to help me and kept saying "talk to the Manager" but the manager was never around. Then at checkout they said they could have helped all along, why did I wait to see the Manager? The hallways smell yucky. The rooms smell yucky. The carpet is dirty. There is mold in the bathrooms. The high-speed internet never worked in our room and nobody there knew how to make it work. The smoke detector beeped all night until we finally figured out at 4am how to get the battery out. The breakfast is yucky. The refrigerator did not get cold. The coffee supplies were never restocked. The asst. manager followed me around the breakfast area and gave me a speech about not bringing food to the room, even for my babies. There were Cheerios smashed into the elevator floor all morning and it got all over everything. I guess he thought it was me and did not ask the housekeepers to clean it up? The staff messed up our checkout and charged me for 2 rooms, then claimed a week later it was all my fault and refused to issue a credit. They have no business running a hotel that charges $175 per night for a room. I've already filed a complaint with Choice Hotels, but we will NEVER spend another night at this location!!!

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank Traci71
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Nothing special. Could hear lots of road noise. Was clean. Swing lock was broken and bathroom door was squeeky. I would have complained, but we came in so late and were only staying for 1 night. If staying in the area again I would definately stay at the new Comfort Suites by the airport. Read my glowing review of that place.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank chefgraves
Thank you for your review. Hope you guys had great time staying with us. We would be happy to see you soon.
Red Rock, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2005

We took our three grandchildren to Sea World in San Antonio Texas in June of 2005. The hotel was clean and furnished very nice. We stayed two nights and when we returned to the room after a full day at Sea World we had fresh towels and linens. First complaint: Breakfast area was poorly set up. The arrangement of the area could have been done different to make getting what you want run more smoothly. The only choice of cereal was fruit loops and frosted flakes, no adult cereal. There was a pancake/waffle iron and little cups of batter to make your own, slow process. One kind of donut and they were stale, bagles and cream cheese and bananas, of course juice and coffee. The packing up regime the next morning was alittle hectic for grandma & grandpa trying to get three kiddos 5,6, & 7 up and packed. Smooth check out and off to Denny's for breakfast! Second complaint: After arriving home and unpacking the van we realized our grandson's small nylon drawstring bag with 2 sets of dirty clothes and a pair of wet sneakers had been left at the hotel. I called and asked if it had been found and was told to call back the next day and they would check Lost and Found. I called the next day and they had found the bag. I asked if they could mail it to us. Clerk said they would put it in a box but I had to call UPS and have them pick it up. I called UPS and they gave me the "run around" about height, weight, length, depth of box, but that's another story. I called the hotel back and asked if they would mail it COD, by now I was talking to the manager. She evidently didn't know how COD works and said no, only UPS could pick it up. By now I was angry and the cost of the bag, clothes, shoes was not the problem it was now principle. I told her to forget it, just to keep the bag! I finished the conversation telling her how many years ago we had taken our other grand daughter to Sea World also and we stayed at Best Western and she had left her favorite little stuffed dog there. They were very kind and understanding and mailed her the dog and did not worry about how they were going to get reimbursed for the postage. That episode did not matter to the manager I was talking to but I felt better telling her. I hung up the phone and counted to ten very slowly. I also called the corporate headquarters and gave them the story and was told that they would check into it. I know it was my fault for leaving the bag but I am sure it happens alot or they wouldn't have a lost and found. Customer relations to me is very important. How a company handles a problem and makes the customer say Wow, that was so nice of them to do that, makes me want to return to that place again. We didn't use Best Western this time only because they didn't have 2 bedrooms, since there were five of us. We will not stay at Quality Inn again, and be assured I will double check the room before I close the door for the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2005