“Was not a pleasant stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn near Seaworld

Quality Inn near Seaworld
Ranked #175 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Was not a pleasant stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel was one of the worst I have ever stayed at. I have been in the millitary for 10 years and have slept in some AWFUL beds, but the bed we had was the most uncomfortable one I have ever been in. I have never complained about a bed in my life, til now. My husband and I both left in pain from the bed. The hotel skimped on everything. They put four little pillows on the bed, that laying all four across the top of the bed didn't even cover it, and then when my husband asked for more for me because I am nine months pregnant, they gave us one, but at least this was a regular size pillow and not one that is almost couch throw pillow size. They put two towels in the room, a single washcloth, they just skimped on so much. We didn't even get a do no disturb sign to put in the door. The noise from other people was awful. It sounded like a herd of elephants was in the room above us all night long. My husband went and asked the front desk to ask them to be quiet and they said since they were bothering no one but us that they couldn't do anything. The person in the room next to us sounded like a chain smoker and hacked the entire time super loudly. We could hear everything they said clear as day. The Internet went down for an entire night and my husband had to request an Ethernet cord, which I had to use his computer because my computer doesn't even have a port for that. The guy at check in was very pleasant though. I didn't see any cockroaches, there was a beetle of some sort in our bathroom in the middle of the night that I squished with one of our very few towels. Breakfast was alright. Parking was okay. I will never stay there again. I almost forgot, the review about having to floor it to get out of the parking lot is absolutely true. Also, if you blink when trying to find it, you will miss the entrance and will have to do a loop to get back to it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMS4409
Ric V, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I am so sorry that you were not 110% satisfied with your stay. I know this does not help you now, but we are replacing all the mattress on all the beds in the Hotel with brand new Serta perfect sleepers. We also could not agree with you more on the pillows. We used to have all our pillows like the one you said was better, however someone at CHOICE Hotels Headquarters sent down instructions to have the "marshmallows" as the pillow "of choice," in all CHOICE Hotels. We also think they are somewhat "lacking" in Quality. Not a Quality pillow for a Hotel with "Quality" in it's name. I am shocked to hear that the Clerk on duty did nothing to quiet your noisy neighbours and I cannot apologize enough for that, I certainly wish that you could remember who the Clerk was, so that we might better "instruct" him on how to handle such situations. We also agree with you on the exit from the property, and we have constantly requested that the City put up lane dividers, so that the absolutely rude and obnoxious San Antonian drivers cannot come flying off the highway and "insist" on being in the right lane, 'instantly." Especially since they have almost 25o yards to get over before they actually have to turn. Unfortunately the City chose to use their resources to put lane dividers at the Highway 90 exit, because the poor drivers here used to like to exit there and go straight ACROSS the access rd. to a little side street there. I guess that's a little worse, but I have to exit here 5 - 6 days a week, so I'd rather they had put them here. I am truly sorry about that. We certainly hope that your stay here did not sour your opinion of all CHOICE Hotels, because I would like to assure you that CHOICE Hotels knows the Guest is the "bread and butter" of this industry and we all try very hard to offer you the best lodging experience for your travel dollar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Not my favorite hotel but I give it 4-stars because of excellent customer service. Will I go back? Possible. The area has easy access to eatery, shopping, and cheap gas station.

Our room has a king bed, small office desk. Amenities include shampoo, bath soap, and body lotion.The breakfast was pretty decent too.

Room was spacious and has a huge TV. Like other Comfort Inn I stayed before, this one too has square pillow.

There is a business center where you can use the computer or bring your own laptop and use the printer.

This hotel also charge local tax and safe box management fee (below $2). We didn't see this type of fees in other hotels we stayed in our trip in Austin/ San Antonio. An $89 per night turned out to be $105 after adding the state tax, local tax, and safe fee.

Overall, it was not the best hotel (not dirty, just an average hotel) but the excellent customer service makes me like this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburg, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My Wife and I decided to spend valentine weekend in San Antonio. We chose Quality Inn because the reviews were good. We were very impressed. it was clean and very comfortable. They are not stingy, with breakfast either. It was full with, eggs, sausage, hash and the regular assortment of cereals, breads and fruits. It was also very quiet. I stepped out at around 3 am to get some water and was very surprised to hear loud talking. I noticed one of the other rooms close by had its door pertly opened and there was loud talking but as soon as i was back in my room i didn't hear a sound.

Over all great experience, quiet, clean and good breakfast. The only problem we did have was someone had torn the wiring on our refrigerator. They came immediately but couldn't fix it until the morning.

Room Tip: I always use travelocity to find good deals
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ric V, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We rely on our Guest's comments A) in order to improve in areas where me might be lacking & also to encourage to keep up the "good work, in areas where we're not.

We were happy to hear that you found your stay with us a comfortable one that you will, hopefully keep the CHOICE Hotel Brand in mind , for all your future travels.

Ric Velazquez, MA, LPC, LCCA
Night Auditor
Shelby, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Keeping up the Quality name. This is an older unit but very well kept up. Jennifer, the from staff person was in the middle of a double shift but was totally polite and happy to see me. I had 228 with a king bed...very nice...clean ...quiet. The breakfast was normal fare and nicely served.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out our survey. It helps us to motivate the staff to keep up the good work, where they are and points out areas where we need to improve.

We certainly appreciate our Guests taking time out their busy schedules (in this "mad-House" of a World we live in,

We sincerely hope that should you need lodging in any future travels that you will keep the CHOICE Hotel Brandi n mind.

Ric Velazquez
Night Auditior
Quality Inn - Sea World
North New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was in town with my daughter for a cross country meet in San Antonio and I booked this hotel based on the review that stated it was out in the middle of nowhere. I thought this would be a good thing since I don't like loads of traffic. Well as it turns out this hotel is literally on the side of the highway. To get out on to the road when leaving the hotel one must pull out in the midst of traffic traveling at close to 60mph. For some one such as I who is not ordinarily having to seal with that sort of traffic it is more than a little nerve wracking. After my first experience of trying to get myself out into the road and still have our lives I was ready to turn the car in the direction of the airport and go home! So for other readers, this hotel is NOT in the middle of nowhere, it just isn't down town. It is surrounded by many eateries and shops. All that being said, this hotel has pleasant, friendly staff. Especially the man who checked us out at 4:00 AM when we had to leave for our flight home. Rooms were clean, and we were place in a quiet area as requested. We felt comfortable here and it was a safe haven after the stress of driving in San Antonio. Breakfast was ok but it was not kept full. Perhaps there are more offerings first thing in the morning. We came down about 8:30. All in all I was very impressed with the desk staff they were pleasant and helpful and some of the best in that way I have seen. I would recommend this hotel but be aware of the traffic at the entrance.

Room Tip: Be aware of the location of the hotel in proximity to traffic.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine J
Ric V, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We are awfully sorry about your experiences with the traffic. We have tried several times (to no avail) to convince the City to put some lane dividers right there because as you undoubtedly noticed San Antonio is full of extremely friendly "small-town" acting people, except for when they get behind the wheel of their cars, This for some unknown reason makes them lose their minds. We will continue to "fight" with the City until we finally succeed on getting those lane dividers because the safety and comfort of our guests is always at the forefront of our minds. Other than your difficulties with the traffic situation we were very comforted to know that you mostly enjoyed your stay and would welcome you back at any time.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

You need your own transport to stay at this place. There is one bus into the center of the city, but this takes a good 45 minutes and there is minimal late night buses. I would recommend this place for visitng Americans but not for overseas travllers relying on public transport.
The girls on reception were amazing and the rooms were large and comfortable.
The complimentry breakfast was typically American with lots of sugary food and some fruit if you were lucky and yoghurt.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smithSanAntonio_tx, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you had a great time here. And, we would love to see you again.
Thank you for your review.
Madison Heights, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

workers were very helpful in giving direction and supplying us with helpful maps. Big thumbs up to Rick who worked early mornings very good directions to the Air Force Base (Lackland). Pam who was the day shift very friendly and very informated they made our stay very pleasent.The manager working monday morning November 3 was very nice and accomodating. Thanks again to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smithSanAntonio_tx, General Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and hope you had a great time here. We would love to see you soon. We love to have guests like you and its our job to help you guys.
Thank you for all your kind words.