“Not really out in the middle of Nowhwere”

Quality Inn near Seaworld
Ranked #193 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was in town with my daughter for a cross country meet in San Antonio and I booked this hotel based on the review that stated it was out in the middle of nowhere. I thought this would be a good thing since I don't like loads of traffic. Well as it turns out this hotel is literally on the side of the highway. To get out on to the road when leaving the hotel one must pull out in the midst of traffic traveling at close to 60mph. For some one such as I who is not ordinarily having to seal with that sort of traffic it is more than a little nerve wracking. After my first experience of trying to get myself out into the road and still have our lives I was ready to turn the car in the direction of the airport and go home! So for other readers, this hotel is NOT in the middle of nowhere, it just isn't down town. It is surrounded by many eateries and shops. All that being said, this hotel has pleasant, friendly staff. Especially the man who checked us out at 4:00 AM when we had to leave for our flight home. Rooms were clean, and we were place in a quiet area as requested. We felt comfortable here and it was a safe haven after the stress of driving in San Antonio. Breakfast was ok but it was not kept full. Perhaps there are more offerings first thing in the morning. We came down about 8:30. All in all I was very impressed with the desk staff they were pleasant and helpful and some of the best in that way I have seen. I would recommend this hotel but be aware of the traffic at the entrance.

Room Tip: Be aware of the location of the hotel in proximity to traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine J
Ric V, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We are awfully sorry about your experiences with the traffic. We have tried several times (to no avail) to convince the City to put some lane dividers right there because as you undoubtedly noticed San Antonio is full of extremely friendly "small-town" acting people, except for when they get behind the wheel of their cars, This for some unknown reason makes them lose their minds. We will continue to "fight" with the City until we finally succeed on getting those lane dividers because the safety and comfort of our guests is always at the forefront of our minds. Other than your difficulties with the traffic situation we were very comforted to know that you mostly enjoyed your stay and would welcome you back at any time.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn near Seaworld

Reviewed November 9, 2013

You need your own transport to stay at this place. There is one bus into the center of the city, but this takes a good 45 minutes and there is minimal late night buses. I would recommend this place for visitng Americans but not for overseas travllers relying on public transport.
The girls on reception were amazing and the rooms were large and comfortable.
The complimentry breakfast was typically American with lots of sugary food and some fruit if you were lucky and yoghurt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
smithSanAntonio_tx, Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you had a great time here. And, we would love to see you again.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

workers were very helpful in giving direction and supplying us with helpful maps. Big thumbs up to Rick who worked early mornings very good directions to the Air Force Base (Lackland). Pam who was the day shift very friendly and very informated they made our stay very pleasent.The manager working monday morning November 3 was very nice and accomodating. Thanks again to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
smithSanAntonio_tx, General Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and hope you had a great time here. We would love to see you soon. We love to have guests like you and its our job to help you guys.
Thank you for all your kind words.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Ida, who was the desk clerk. She gave simple, accurate directions to a restuarant we had heard about. Overall, our experience was wonderful and we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your review. We would love to see you again. Hope you guys had a great time being here. We are pleased to have guests like you.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spend the whole day and night at SeaWorld and wanted an inexpensive place to spend the night. We found Quality Inn online and it was about 5 miles from SeaWorld. The staff was great and we got the room we requested complete with fridge and microwave. The room was clean. My bed was comfortable, but my sister's was a little hard. A/C worked great and the T.V. was large. We did not eat breakfast, but I did check it out and there was a waffle station and a few other hot items. We paid about $80.00. Best thing - we were hungry and it was late at night. The lady at the desk gave us the number to order food. Thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.
We would be happy to see you again. Hope you guys had a great time being here and hope you are doing good . We are always pleased to have guests like you.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Please keep in mind I work for one of the majof airlines and I travel for a living so I have stayed in many hotels ALL over the World and I have never experienced anything like this in all my years.
The manager/Owner didnt even have the respect to speak to me in person prior to telling his staff to kick me and my family out.

Day 1, We arrived at the hotel late in the evening after a brief encounter with the gentlemen at the front desk we headed to our room. When my daughter went to us the restroom in the room she found hair on the toilet seat and surrounding areas then we pulled the sheets back to prepare for bed and found dark stains on sheets of 2 of the three beds along with hair. I called the front desk about the sheets and bathroom and I was informed that they didn’t have anyone from housekeeping so I had to get new sheets and was given a bottle of disinfectant spray to clean toilet and bathroom floor myself.

Day 2, We went down stairs in the morning the manager was present and he stated that he would give us a 50% discount on our room for the night before and he ASSURED us that this would not happen again. He also told us that all the sheets would be changed. I mentioned to him that I thought the air conditioner took longer than what would appear to be normal to cool the room and I wondered what his opinion of just how long it would like to cool the room and he said he would have the unit checked(filter , temperature etc.) One of the reasons I thought it might be having a problem other than the time it took to cool down and it never really did cool all the way down was that we called the hotel 3 hours prior to our arrival just to verify that we could check in late and we were told by the person at the desk that they had went up stair and turned the AC on so the room would be nice and cool and that was 3 hours prior and the room still wasn’t cool when we arrived. Also I noticed several used AC units sitting in the areas where the ice machines were located, 2 units on the 3rd and 1 unit on the 2nd floor. Why would a hotel leave used AC units lying on the floors? Why wouldn’t they put them somewhere that guest would not see them?
Later the same day we came back from a LONG day at Sea World and arrived at the room to again find that one of the beds had sheets with stains and several human hairs on them also. I had to insist that the desk person come and change it.

Day 3, 8:30 a.m. received phone call from front desk telling my wife that they wanted to refund two of the three days and let us leave the hotel if we wanted to. My wife told them she would speak to me at let them know. About 20 minutes later got another call from front desk saying they were going to refund 2 of the 3 days and cancel my reservation, in other words and approx. 9:00 a.m. on day 3 of my vacation this hotel was telling ME to leave... I guess that is the way they handle people that expect service for their money.
One other item when my granddaughter woke up on day 3 we found that the comforter she was sleeping in had a large tear in it and she had become wrapped up in the tear around her head and shoulder area. A little higher and it would have been choking her.
I have pictures of all of these issues, Hair, Sheets, torn comforter and Air Conditioners in hall ways.
The hotel did not even give me back the amount they said they would. They ended up keeping and extra 50.00 dollars along with the 50% of the first night. They told me they would refund all but the 50% of the first night, which I think was wrong in the first place. If you fail to serve a customer you should refund them in full. I believe because they failed from day one they should give me a full refund.

Please keep in mind that the Quality inn hotels are all owned and the Choice Hotels group has no control over what they do. This is what I was told when I contacted the corporative office.
Please BEWARE!! of this hotel because of the owner, Shailesh Desai and staff have no interested in offering his customers a comfortable and clean experience.

All I asked for was a clean safe place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bryan P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If I could give this place 10 stars I would! Pam at the front desk was awesome! She went above and beyond making sure we had a great time. Rooms were immaculate! Pam even made a few suggestions on things to do with the kids and places to eat. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a wonderful review sir. We would be extremely happy to see you again. I will let Pam know every thing you said about her and I hope it makes her happy. Hope you guys had a great time staying with us and hope you are doing great. See you soon sir.