“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #175 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Amarillo TX
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Ida, who was the desk clerk. She gave simple, accurate directions to a restuarant we had heard about. Overall, our experience was wonderful and we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smithSanAntonio_tx, General Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your review. We would love to see you again. Hope you guys had a great time being here. We are pleased to have guests like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Texarkana, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spend the whole day and night at SeaWorld and wanted an inexpensive place to spend the night. We found Quality Inn online and it was about 5 miles from SeaWorld. The staff was great and we got the room we requested complete with fridge and microwave. The room was clean. My bed was comfortable, but my sister's was a little hard. A/C worked great and the T.V. was large. We did not eat breakfast, but I did check it out and there was a waffle station and a few other hot items. We paid about $80.00. Best thing - we were hungry and it was late at night. The lady at the desk gave us the number to order food. Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
We would be happy to see you again. Hope you guys had a great time being here and hope you are doing good . We are always pleased to have guests like you.
Arlington, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Please keep in mind I work for one of the majof airlines and I travel for a living so I have stayed in many hotels ALL over the World and I have never experienced anything like this in all my years.
The manager/Owner didnt even have the respect to speak to me in person prior to telling his staff to kick me and my family out.

Day 1, We arrived at the hotel late in the evening after a brief encounter with the gentlemen at the front desk we headed to our room. When my daughter went to us the restroom in the room she found hair on the toilet seat and surrounding areas then we pulled the sheets back to prepare for bed and found dark stains on sheets of 2 of the three beds along with hair. I called the front desk about the sheets and bathroom and I was informed that they didn’t have anyone from housekeeping so I had to get new sheets and was given a bottle of disinfectant spray to clean toilet and bathroom floor myself.

Day 2, We went down stairs in the morning the manager was present and he stated that he would give us a 50% discount on our room for the night before and he ASSURED us that this would not happen again. He also told us that all the sheets would be changed. I mentioned to him that I thought the air conditioner took longer than what would appear to be normal to cool the room and I wondered what his opinion of just how long it would like to cool the room and he said he would have the unit checked(filter , temperature etc.) One of the reasons I thought it might be having a problem other than the time it took to cool down and it never really did cool all the way down was that we called the hotel 3 hours prior to our arrival just to verify that we could check in late and we were told by the person at the desk that they had went up stair and turned the AC on so the room would be nice and cool and that was 3 hours prior and the room still wasn’t cool when we arrived. Also I noticed several used AC units sitting in the areas where the ice machines were located, 2 units on the 3rd and 1 unit on the 2nd floor. Why would a hotel leave used AC units lying on the floors? Why wouldn’t they put them somewhere that guest would not see them?
Later the same day we came back from a LONG day at Sea World and arrived at the room to again find that one of the beds had sheets with stains and several human hairs on them also. I had to insist that the desk person come and change it.

Day 3, 8:30 a.m. received phone call from front desk telling my wife that they wanted to refund two of the three days and let us leave the hotel if we wanted to. My wife told them she would speak to me at let them know. About 20 minutes later got another call from front desk saying they were going to refund 2 of the 3 days and cancel my reservation, in other words and approx. 9:00 a.m. on day 3 of my vacation this hotel was telling ME to leave... I guess that is the way they handle people that expect service for their money.
One other item when my granddaughter woke up on day 3 we found that the comforter she was sleeping in had a large tear in it and she had become wrapped up in the tear around her head and shoulder area. A little higher and it would have been choking her.
I have pictures of all of these issues, Hair, Sheets, torn comforter and Air Conditioners in hall ways.
The hotel did not even give me back the amount they said they would. They ended up keeping and extra 50.00 dollars along with the 50% of the first night. They told me they would refund all but the 50% of the first night, which I think was wrong in the first place. If you fail to serve a customer you should refund them in full. I believe because they failed from day one they should give me a full refund.

Please keep in mind that the Quality inn hotels are all owned and the Choice Hotels group has no control over what they do. This is what I was told when I contacted the corporative office.
Please BEWARE!! of this hotel because of the owner, Shailesh Desai and staff have no interested in offering his customers a comfortable and clean experience.

All I asked for was a clean safe place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Bryan P
Alvin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

If I could give this place 10 stars I would! Pam at the front desk was awesome! She went above and beyond making sure we had a great time. Rooms were immaculate! Pam even made a few suggestions on things to do with the kids and places to eat. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a wonderful review sir. We would be extremely happy to see you again. I will let Pam know every thing you said about her and I hope it makes her happy. Hope you guys had a great time staying with us and hope you are doing great. See you soon sir.
Atascadero, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying the place could use a makeover, but was very clean. Nice pool and comfortable bed. Pam D. was great. She made sure we were happy being there. She called us by name every time she saw us and asked if there was anything we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all your kind words sir. We are pleased to have you here and hope you had a great time staying with us. I will surely let all the working staff about your comments and they would be extremely happy. Thank you once again and see you guys soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed one night during the week and were able to get a room w/2 Queen beds for a little over $90. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel smelled really bad and all of our clothes and baggage carried that smell until we got home to wash everything. The beds were ok but the quilt had a cigarette burn on it and our room was non smoking. The hotel is very close to Sea World, easy to get to and lots of food and grocery places close by.

Room Tip: If you are close to the pool, you will hear everybody in it!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smithSanAntonio_tx, General Manager at Quality Inn near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We are awfully sorry about the problems you had during your stay. As for the smell, we unfortunately have a Government Biomedical Research Facility right across the Highway from us and if the wind is blowing in from the South (which Thankfully, it rarely does) we get all the odours from the "miles and miles" of Monkey cages they have over there. Definitely very sorry about that.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews, $80 per night is not cheap and I was very disappointed, there is no Internet in the room. We have to go to the lobby to get a signal. The room was dirty and smelly. The carpet was wet, I had to put sandals the whole time. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We are very sorry that you had problems during your stay. We have been conducting "Upgrades" to the Hotel throughout this past year (late May, earlyJune was one of those times - preparing for the "Summer crowds") and the Internet Service Provider (ISP) was one of the "upgrades" we were making during that time. Once again, we are truly sorry your stay was NOT as comfortable as humanly possible, because we do pride ourselves on providing as best a stay as can be accomodated for ALL our guests.