“1st Stay At KOA+++”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
San Antonio KOA Campground
Pearland, TX
“1st Stay At KOA+++”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We bought our Travel Trailer in late 2011. Until now we have only camped in State Parks. This was our first stay at a KOA and I must say that it was pleasurable. The park is very well maintained and very clean. The previous persons review stating that the restrooms are very clean is dead on. When we arrived the staff was very friendly and courtious. Also anytime you pass by one of the KOA staff in the campground they always are friendly and say hello. While the park is not exactly located in the best part of San Antonio, we never at all felt anything but safe. The park has lots of trees that provide a very good amount of shade. This wasn't a factor during our stay, but in the HOT Texas summer, that will be very nice. We will definetely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JennRobb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
South Dakota
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The recent post about the San Antonio Alamo Campground is totally false and untrue. I was there when the disgruntled camper came to the desk. There were numerous campers checking in and the rude couple expected the manager to drop everything and accomodate them. They were seeking a monthly site and the manager was trying hard to find them a good site. The reason the manager handles all the monthly sites is so that the site will accomodate the various rigs coming in.
Their remarks to the manager were nasty and hurtful.
This is an outstanding park. The staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. I've been staying in KOA's for years and this is one of the crown jewels in the KOA system. This park has not won the Founder's award and President's award for the past numerous years by being rude and uncaring towards its customers.
Don't let one insensitive, grumpy camper keep you from staying at the Alamo KOA.

Room Tip: I would absolutely stay at this KOA anytime in the San Antonio area. Good location to downtown and a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CamperAuthor
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We really enjoyed this campground, even as tent campers. The facilities are great. The showers/bathrooms are very clean and very nice. The tent sites are not private, but are nicely sized. It is very conveniently located to the Interstate and is 15 to 20 minutes to downtown. The bus even stops outside the campground, making it very easy to spend the day in downtown. That said, it was very quiet and no road noise from the Interstate.

The pancake breakfast was a great value and quite tasty.

The staff was very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Watch out for Fiesta in mid-April
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OurWander-FilledLife
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed for 1 week in a kozy cabin. It was very new, clean, good tv, good aircon, good shower, good kitchen. Nice deck with 2 picnic tables outside, and a bbq.The queen bed is comfortable, but noisy as it is covered with plastic. no bedding or pillows so bring your own.The second bedroom is small with 2 bunkbeds, good for 2 kids or 1 adult.
The pool & hot tub are great. I don't know why people are complaining about no pool heater it's Texas the water was warm but still refreshing. The hot tub was hot. The staff were friendly. Free wireless internet, and a desktop computer and telephone for local calls were available to use. All in all a great campsite.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank buddddy
WV
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here and we came from WV. We were excited about the pool but only to find out the heater is broke. If your looking for friendly staff and this is not the place. I tried to talk to the gentleman who I think might be the manager and he completely ignored me. I also felt like tent campers were so unwelcomed here. We love tent camping but here you are put clear in the back where no one can see you. Oh and get this...I went to buy firewood and the man told me that they don't sell firewood so we didn't have a fire going. The gift shop is totally awful. I feel like they only want cabin people and ones with campers. I will not be camping here again and I will let them know this when we leave. Also he internet connection sucks.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank airforcemom10
Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2010

My 3 children, husband and I stayed at this location March 2010. The reason we booked this place and not a hotel, was because of the outdoor heated pool, hot tub, and cabin. The kids had a great time, as did myself and husband. The pool was never heated the entire week we were there. The staff kept telling us the part was on order. A man came into the office while I was there, and he was complaining about the same issue. He said he had been there for over 2 weeks and was hearing the same excuse. The part is on order... After the kids got in the pool anyway, on the warmest day, the pool was still extremely cold. I told the kids to get into the hot tub, since no one else was out there, and I was with them, and the staff kicked us out of the hot tub and said it was for Adults only. There are not really any planned activities for kids, and the chuckwagon was not open the entire time. The website states they have a chuckwagon breakfast and dinner. This was one thing we were looking forward to. The wifi connection was non existent and they do have a little room with a computer with internet access, however, that was not working either. The bike rental was enjoyable, however the bikes are old and rusty. The carts the kids can rent need a splash guard or something, because my daughters elbows kept rubbing against the wheels and the bottom of her shorts became stained because of the dirt and mud splashing her while she rode. They are old and outdated. The cottage we rented was a 2 bedroom casita. It was nice, small, and the mattresses are extremely uncomfortable. The bunk beds mattress is literally about 3 inches thick and the queen bed was really hard. The futon pull out was ok, if you like the frame in your back all night long. There was a nice porch, however not covered and it did rain, but was ok anyway. If you plan on showering in the casita, you better be an extremely quick showerer...ladies, no time for shaving the legs here...go on down to the shower area. The hot water in the cabin lasts for about 5 minutes if that. Maybe I should have bought some shampoo and conditioner in one...HAHA. We all used the shower area each night because of this. There was construction going on, and I think that instead of them trying to expand the camp area, they should have fixed the pool, internet, and improved the playground area. Overall, it was relaxing and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Candylovescamping
Austin, TX
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We recently went to this campsite for spring break, it was my family of four-an 8 year old and 14 year old and my friend's family of four-8 yr old and 12 yr old and us parent's were disappointed. It did seem more like a trailer park than a camp out, the staff treats you like they're doing you a favor in letting you stay there, they are unfriendly and unhelpful. Construction was going on within the campsite to add on to the City feel. If you're idea of camping is to get out of the City and enjoy nature stay clear of here. We did our best in keeping it as "campish" as possible by doing the grilling and camp fire stuff but other than that we would have been better off spending our money somewhere else. If we had to name some items that some people may find as perks-it's a wooded but City area-you're near stores, heck you can even catch the City bus across the street and go to downtown San Antonio and see the riverwalk, Alamo, Imax, and the mall. There is a non-heated pool and hot tub, but only adults are allowed in the hot tub even with adult supervision they aren't allowed for "fear they'll become sterile". After 9 pm the park activity is dead and the staff pops out at you like a freaky scary movie, but you'll still hear the roar of traffic so you know you're safe. There's no hiking, no river-dirty, shallow creek, that hasn 't any fish, the gift shop even sucks-they don't have anything with their park name on it for souveneirs, the push carts are only $8/hr. If you have any other questions let me know!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family