“Great for Business Travel”

InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast
InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast
Ranked #230 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Philadelphia
“Great for Business Travel”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I wasn't looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel (I wouldn't pay the price if I could!) As a business traveler, my needs are very basic...clean, quiet, safe and reasonably priced. The Intown Suites property on Nacogdoches Road met that criteria and then some.

I stayed in a very pleasant room equipped with a full-sized bed, a sleeper-sofa, television, a 3-drawer chest of drawers and a real closet...I also enjoyed a full kitchen (as advertised) with full refrigerator, 2 burner cook top stove and microwave oven. I didn't expect pots & pans, dishes or silverware, so I brought my own. The bathroom was very roomy and had the best water pressure I've ever enjoyed in a hotel.

The entire staff conducted themselves in a very professional manner and were all extremely friendly and accomodating to my needs...from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. Having had a background in the hospitality industry, I have to rate the staff as a 10 and the room/property at a 9...again, I wasn't expecting a 5 star property. For the price, this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who would visit San Antonio for business or as a tourist.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank RhinoDNA

San Antonio
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Ha ha ha. Okay not funny if you really get stuck in this place, but the fact that it calls itself a suite or anything even resembling a comfortable place to stay is laughable. First off, the advertised price is not what you'll end up paying so add about 20+ bucks to that. Second the room I was in was DAMP. Yes, that's right: damp! I have no idea what that was about, but nasty! I sat in the chair and it left a damp spot on my pants! The temperature was hard to regulate in the room - you were either too hot or too cold. There were stains on the carpet. Big ones. The kind where you wonder what happened, if you know what I mean. Ugly factor - the room was just downright ugly, used looking sofa, worn carpet, worn looking duvet, etc. No pots and pans or utensils so definitely bring your own cookingware (cause we all know how easy that is to do). Anyway, there is just nothing I can think of to recommend this place. If you are from out of town you're going to be annoyed to get to your "Suite" and find nothing to cook with. If you are from SA and can bring your own and you really can't afford a better place then possibly you could suffer through this craphole, but I would only say this place is a very slight step up from sleeping out on the street. And even then, with the dampness in the room I had which made me wonder if I'd end up with some sickness it may not be as healthy.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank JaneSays
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#199 of 358 in San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio So...
#210 of 358 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North
Super 8 Universal City
#1 of 1 in Universal City

Been to InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast? Share your experiences!