“Terrible Phone Service. Tried to hang up on me.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Antonio, Texas
“Terrible Phone Service. Tried to hang up on me.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I just called in to order lunch for delivery and the guy that answered the phone was beyond rude. I kept trying to figure out why he was telling me that they don't deliver when I have seen a delivery sign on their door. The guy kept repeating that they do not deliver right now, meaning that there are times that they offer delivery. Not only do they not offer delivery for two people (three is the minimum) but they only do it before 11 AM and after 1:30 PM. It is 1:04 PM right now, just for clarification. I think to avoid confusion, he should've specified the terms of their delivery service instead of cutting me off and trying to get me off of the phone.

I am a BIG stickler for customer service regardless of the time and what kind of day it's been. I really believe that if you opt to work in the service industry, you should be prepared to buck up and treat people with common decency.

I would have been a first time customer. Who knows how many times I would've returned and how many people I would've referred. Just goes to show how being an [--] on the phone makes a serious impact on the customer.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Worth The Wait!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stopped by French Sandwiches today because I had read a great review about it on Yelp. I was going back to work from a dental appointment so I ordered to go. Since I'm Vietnamese, I thought I'd try the Banh Mi. They had two of them on the menu so I ordered both. To my surprise, the nice gentleman told me that it would be about 25 minutes. Really?! To make two sandwiches?! I was already there, so what the heck...I waited. When I got back to my desk and took that first bite, I realized that it was worth the wait!! The fresh bread, the pork, the pickled carrots....every ingredient was delicious! The sandwiches came with French Onion Soup and a little puff pastry. The soup was outstanding! It had large pieces of onion and cheese floating in it. It was delicate and creamy. I could have eaten another bowl! The puff pastry was the perfect topper to a great lunch. Not a bad deal for $7.25 a sandwich.

As I sit here and write this review after eating this amazing lunch, I can tell you that it was just the right amount of food for the right price! I will definitely wait again for it!

• Visited May 2013
Bulverde, Texas, United States
“Get there early if you want a table!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We showed up at 11am and by the time we left every table was filled! There was only one waitress and she was running like crazy. I found this place when my son was in the hospital 20 years ago, because they deliver. If you are at the medical center for a while, give them a call and they will deliver the food right to you!

They still have fantastic sandwiches and soups. I enjoyed the roast beef this time with the horseradish that gave it a kick. The creme puff was an added delight.

• Visited November 2012
San Antonio, Tx
“Great sandwich shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Not your run of the mill sandwich shop.
Wonderful flavors in sandwiches and soups! A cream puff included with lunch, nice touch.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“An Amazing Little Café!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

You'll learn a little history when you visit French Sandwiches, Like the fact that France had colonized Indo-china (Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia) for over 100 years and passed on their traditions of bread and pastrie making to the locals.

Since the American War in Vietnam, thousands of refugees came to the United States and brought with them their Asian-French Fusion artisans and cuisine.

Here at French sandwiches you can enjoy the atmosphere and tasty bistro fare from the streets of Paris on the most fantastic baguettes in San Antonio. The mini cream puffs served with the meals are best enjoyed with a cup of Vietnamese coffee - a powerful cup of chickoree java, just like in Café du Monde, sweetened with condensed milk. It is just the perfect and oh so addictive eye-opener!

I highly recommend making this stop a habit!