“GROSS AND MORE GROSS”

Stay Express Inn Lackland San Antonio
Ranked #266 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Do not stay at this motel!!! It was so disgusting, no deadbolt on the doors, cockroaches in the bathroom, no towels ( wouldn't want to use them anyhow ) Blood stains on one of the back of the chairs. Burnt out light bulbs everywhere. Beat up furniture, mold and rust everywhere. Bright lime green walls with patched holes and I think Norman Bates checked me in at the front desk - creepy.
When I reported the bugs, the guy at the front desk offered me Raid and told me how to get rid of cockroaches for future reference - YUCK. This place should be shut down.
The only benefit this motel hell had going for it was the location so close to the base.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Stay Express Inn Lackland San Antonio

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The guys that work at the front desk are rude and should not be aloud to work around people! The only thing good about this place is that its close to the base. You can hear every move the person above you makes. Tiles falling off of the walls in the bathroom. I called to check of the reservation and they didn't have it and had to do everything all over again and got mad at me. The guy at the front desk acts like anything you need him to do (for his job) is a burden!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The refrigerator will be unplugged by housekeepers (not posted – had food spoil).

Rooms are Lime Green… ceiling has water damage stains.

The restroom curtain dirty and toilet paper was out prior to room occupation and during stay. Had to go to front desk to get more TP.

The walls and ceiling are paper thin… can hear everyone else around you… upstairs had people yelling at 1:00 am. To 2:00 am. for two nights long… nothing was done when asked.

Room Tip: I do not recommend a room unless you are looking for close to Lackland AFB and the room does not mat...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Do not book this hotel. All of the one star reviews I have read here are true. This is not worth your dime. The room was dirty. The refrigerator, microwave, alarm clock & one lamp were all plugged into an extension chord. The table was covered with a sticky film that would not wash off. The furniture was stained. The phone did not work. We had to buy toilet paper because they won't give you enough. The bathroom was moldy. The only way the toilet would flush is if you held down the handle for the entire flush cycle. If you happen to be in the shower while another room flushes a toilet, you lose all of your cold water, turning the shower scalding hot. You have to ask for towels every day if you want enough for two people. They don't stock enough otherwise. The sheets literally do not cover the mattress enough to be tucked in on four sides. Worst hotel experience ever. I am hoping not to find any bed bugs as a result of this trip. I feel like soaking myself and all of my belongings in bleach when I get back home. Absolutely disgusted & disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I hate to say it, but this was the worst hotel I have ever been in. It was run down, dirty and just a real dive. We had to stay for one night because we went on a holiday. I asked for clean sheets and made the bed myself because when we checked the bed it had crumbs in it and it was the 3rd room we checked out. Doors were bent. The clerk assured us it was safe, but I don't think so. I have learned my lesson. Cheap is not always the best way to go.

Room Tip: Don't even choose this place. I have nothing good to say about it, except that I did get a refun...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Absolutely worse hotel. I booked it via hotwire, and got locked into this hotel (a supposedly 2 star hotel). In no way is this a 2 star hotel. In fact, this is in every way a per hour rate hotel. This hotel does not even deserve 1 star. I was very dissatisfied with hotwire for including it as a hotel in their 2 star group. Just checking into the lobby you could smell the super strong smell of cigarrete smoke mixed with old carpet/mold. The person at the counter was rude and dodgy. There were random people walking thru the parking lot or loitering outside. I was afraid of where to park my car because I could get it robbed during the night. The room look really old (although i didnt see any bed bugs, I definitely did not touch any sheets, etc), the sheets had urine stains and other color stains on them, I was forced to purchase a NEW thin blanket to place over the bed to sleep on since everything looked really nasty.
Thank God I only had to sleep a night there, as I would have been really miserable for any more time.
I will not be using hotwire because (they lowered their standards and included a place like this as a supposed 2 star) and they refused to change me to a different hotel even though the description was as accurate as could be. I felt you could literally get SICK from staying at this place.

Room Tip: No tips to get good room, I rather sleep in car.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I did not stay here, but was with family who did. They pulled up to the location and were dumbfounded that the hotel did not look like the pictures. To me, the pictures online weren't all that great, but in person this place was even worse. The room was easily the scurviest thing I have ever witnessed. Beds were sunken in, being was stained and furniture was beat up. The ceilings had water stains, carpet was filthy and the bathroom was moldy and paint was peeling off the chartreuse walls in sheets. The smell was awful too. This was definitely a no-tell motel. Well, I'm telling! Stay somewhere else!

The only thing this place has going for it is it is steps from one of the gates at Lackland AFB. I'd sooner sleep in my clean car than spend a night in this place. Unfortunately my relatives booked through an online travel website and were unable to cancel without penalty, so they sucked it up as they are not made of money. I would have eaten the money and stayed elsewhere in a heartbeat. I've written a lot of reviews and this would be the first place I would give zero stars if I could.

Room Tip: My only room tip would be to choose a room in another motel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family