“Good service, peaceful. pool was clean.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay Express Inn Lackland San Antonio

and 1 more site!
Stay Express Inn Lackland San Antonio
Ranked #279 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Good service, peaceful. pool was clean.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

loved the location room was clean, pool was clean . the customer service was great :)

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is by far the trashiest, dirtiest, worst hotel in the world!!! I had booked an 8 night stay with them after seeing the pics on priceline. After checking in and seeing the room, i checked out immediately. The room was disgusting! The floors hadnt been vacuumed in forever, there were stains on the carpet, floor, walls, and ceilings. Poop was on the wall in the bathroom and the center of the mattress sagged. I would never stay here and on top of the disgusting room, the owner refuses to give me a refund even though I never stayed here. Worst room and the worst customer service ever. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank lindsayrd

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Not only were the tiles falling from the ceiling, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was hanging out and there was poop on the bathroom walls. My family came for a visit and refused to stay there after they entered the room and now they can't get a refund from Priceline or the hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE even if you just plan to spend a little time in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Thaddeus P
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

location,location,location my daughter and i spent 5 days here for her fiances graduation in march 2012 older hotel clean nice pool and jacuzzi the parking lot is 20 feet from the main gate at lackland afb this is the only gate that is open from 6:00 am to10:00pm and the only gate open on weekends 2 minutes too get in afb compare too 1- 1 1/2 hour wait in line from other hotels it was worth every cent great owners friendly staff want too be worry free try the carefree......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sandor S
North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I've read the reviews. One person did great by describing the rooms and yes, it is right at the entrance gate. However, my experience was horrible. I ended up leaving and finding another place to stay on base. I checked in and the rooms are as described. I, too, have no problem staying in an older place as long as it is clean (bug free) and safe. I found a bug in my bedding. I went to the desk and was not received well. The person on duty refused to call the manager. The manager was not available until 10 pm that night. Well, I couldn't wait until 10 pm at night to talk to the manager and then find another place to stay in the middle of the night in a town I'm not familiar with. Obviously, my safety concerns were not of concern to the front desk worker. I was told I could go to the store and get a can of spray to take care of the bugs and request new sheets. Hello??? Who needs to infest their luggage with bed bugs and bring them home and share them with others on the airplane along the way. The other issue I had was the door looked like someone had tried to kick it in at the bottom and it gapped open when pushed from the outside. So, not only was there bed bugs, the room I had was not safe either. I have a bug in tape and a picture of the door to prove my statements. They couldn't give me another room either. Later that night I came by Carefree Inn and was shocked to find it full of patrons. I was also told this establishment had been in business for 50 years as if that was supposed to make this situation better. Well, it is difficult for folks traveling in from all over the country to see their family members graduate from Lackland to find another place to stay. I had a little extra time and was able to do that. My advice would be DO NOT STAY HERE. If you have reservations, change them before your trip. If their business goes away they will either have to invest in their customers to provide a more suitable environment or they might not make 51 years.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BedBugs_Tx
Metter, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the perfect location to stay if you are going to graduation ceremonies at Lackland AFB. You are litterally right at the Valley High Gate. Yes it is an older hotel, but the location makes up for that. I stayed there in July 2011 for my daughters graduation and would recommend it to parents who want to be close to base. The room was clean and the pool was clean. They had a decent breakfast for those who just want something light. No issues at all with the service. There is a grocery store, Pizza Hut carry out/delivery and a Sonic on the same road and a local mexican rest right in front of the hotel. Very convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sls500
Monticello, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked here for our trip to see our son's graduation from Lackland. Right before leaving, we were shocked to read an awful review. I called to inquire about it and the man said that the statements were not true, and we were free to look at the room before taking it. When we got there, the man at the desk was very nice. We got our room. The lighting isn't great in the rooms.The toilet clogged right away and we had to get a plunger, but we didn't have any further problems with it. My husband and I had a terrible time sleeping, think it was the pillows though. The water pressure in the sink was a little more than a dribble, but the shower pressure was great. We didn't have to worry about not having hot water, the water was VERY hot, but hard to regulate. The walls are bright lime green and the furniture mismatched and old and a bit banged up. There was a coffee maker we didn't use, a nice size frig that worked and the TV was fine. The ceiling tiles were sagging and one in the bathroom was peeling off and hanging. The trim around the ceiling tiles- there is alot of rust there. The shower fixture was a bit pulled out from the wall. The bath tub was clean but the toilet not too clean. The pad on the ironing board was torn, looked a little stained and had rust marks on it but the iron worked great. They made the beds and emptied the garbage every day and gave us as many towels and toiletries as we wanted. You may have to ask for the toiletries to be filled each day.The air conditioning works fine, but the nights got a little cool, so we turned on the heater and there was a very unique odor and the fire alarm went off. There is an outside pool that people seemed to enjoy. Parking is easy. We had a ground floor room and we could hear every move the people above us made, but they weren't up late and we were talking and had the TV on too. We could also hear voices from the rooms beside us and outside, but then I am sure they could hear us too. It wasn't loud real late at night though and were there from Wednesday night to Sunday morning. The hotel makes getting on base remarkably easy. We could see the airmen drilling and hear them- that was fun. The man at the desk was helpful in telling us about getting on base and you can check out from the hotel how long the line is becoming to get on base. There is a grocery store nearby and restaurants.Oh, there is a breakfast- coffee, milk, cereal, danish and muffins, toast and Eggo waffles. There is orange juice also and sometimes some fruit. Normally if we were going to spend time in a hotel, we would want to stay in a nice one. This one served it's purpose- a place to sleep, clean up, and get on base easy. So if you want a fancy place don't bother. If you want something affordable and functional so you can utilize your time with your Airman to the max, grab this.

Room Tip: Ask to look at your room first. The people are very accomodating.