“Excellent Value!”

Stay Express Inn Lackland San Antonio
Ranked #265 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Stayed here while attending my daughter's graduation from Basic Training. Have had many problems in the past with calling and booking hotels from another country. But when I arrived, I was greeting warmly, the staff had my room ready without a hitch. And I was given a lovely and spacious room with all the conveniences I could want. The continental breakfast was excellent and fresh. And my room was always attended promptly each morning with fresh towels and my bed made up. For the price, I was expecting much less and would have anticipated paying twice the price for this nice accomodation. The staff were all very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank wiscoticos

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I cannot believe I was charged for these rooms. To begin with when I arrived I was to have 2 adjoining pet friendly rooms with queen beds they only had one room for me so they put half of my family in a room across the hotel. Then rm 253 bed closest to bathroom has a huge slump in mattress, the coffee pot didn't work was promised one never recieved it. The water was cut off with no explaination and hour later it is muddy or rusty. Then the power was out. Then I was was locked out of my rooms for a pet deposit of $25.00 that I assumed I paid for when I made these reservations. The hotel washer and dryer is on outside wash cycle very fast clothes werent even clean and dryer had to run 3 runs at a dollar each to get clothes semi dry. After I checked out I recieved a call from the inn saying my pet done damage to the hotel the carpet at the front door, This was already pulled up you tripped on it when you walked in and they wanted me to come back and give them $10.00 I told the man then they owed me a refund I was wasn't paying them another dime for the poor service and accomidations I recieved. I was very disappointed in the service and accomidations I recieved. I do not appreciated getting blamed for damage that was already apparent when i got there I have a very tiny dog (teacup chiweenie) there is no way she could have done any pulling up of carpet this carpet was already loose and the staff tried to blame me because I had an animal.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I check out tomorrow and although the saying..."You get what you pay for" rings true here. I still feel robbed! Mind you, I am a country person so I can rough it. I didn't expect 5 Star but descent. The first room on the bottom floor wouldn't warm up. Unfortunately, we got here during freezing cold/snowy weather. They moved me upstairs and although it was a tiny bit better, it still took a good 24 hours before the heater worked properly (turning off and on like it should). Something smeared on the wall by the door and a dirty wall by bathroom sink. Bathroom looked run down. Bedding adequate. Breakfast was just ok....frozen waffles, cereals, muffins and fruit. The refrigerator was cold and microwave worked well.
The neon green walls didn't bother me....just the fact that they were dirty and the ceiling panels looked terrible.
I hate that my funds were tight. I went with the closest to the base and cheapest only because I thought I would be without transportation for getting onto the base.
They have graduations EVERY WEEKEND! This place is booked and they should spend the money to fix it up. They are right outside the base and should show SOME sort of pride! If I had the money I'd buy this place and fix it up so the Air Force families would be PROUD to stay here. It would be patriotic and CLEAN!
I'd have paid $10 more per night and stayed somewhere else had I known it was this bad. And AGAIN....I am a country person....I'd have been happier in a tent and sleeping bag!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel to my worse enemy!!! The room was very nasty.. tried to get my money back but being i went through orbitz it would have taken a few day's for the refund so i requested another room .. still very nasty i went to the dollar store that was right next to the hotel and bought cleaning suppiles and lysol sprayed everything down being i was going to be there for 4 day's for my nephews graduation... Went to the bathroom and there was roaches "German roaches" at that.. It is very convenient to the Air Force Base but not worth it there are better hotels or motels right down the road..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The first thing we saw on opening the door was roaches. The smell was hideous.The bathroom hadn't been cleaned for a "LONG TIME". There were dead roaches and a dead scorpion in the tub. There was "NO" room service-no clean towels or sheets, no bed made. We immediately complained and set out to look for another room. Everything close was booked due to the graduation which we were attending at Lackland AFB. The icing on the cake was when the sheets and blanket got out of place on the bed exposing a grossly blood stained box spring where something tragic had taken place. The microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot were filthy and smelled horrible. There was a fast food sack with a half eaten burger in it under the bed that smelled terrible. We tried to do laundry and the washer broke down half way through the cycle, creating the biggest mess a traveler's ever experienced. I put the charges in dispute with VISA and contacted Carefree Corp. and was told there was nothing that could be done as the facilities are independent franchises. The Carefree Inn Lackland room photos we viewed on the Priceline web site were not of the motel we stayed at but of another facility. After complaining to Priceline, those pictures were removed from their web site. I will never stay at a Carefree Inn again as long as I live and will tell everyone I talk to about travel not to stay there either. My biggest regret is not taking photos of this mess, but we were in "TOTAL SHOCK."

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MadTraveler60
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I chose this hotel in spite of poor reviews, based solely on it's location to the Lackland AFB. We were in town for our son's graduation. We checked in to the hotel only to find a filthy room, with bed bugs. We were in the room for less than 30 min. before we checked out. I captured one of the bed bugs and took it down to the lobby with me upon leaving and the hotel clerk did not seem surprised, nor did he care that we were leaving.

This was the worst customer service I have ever received, and made for a very bad start to a family vacation.

I will do everything in my power to ensure that no-one go to this terrible hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Lenae22
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This motel was the nasties ranchies motel I have ever been to we stayed from 6:00 am to 11:00 am and were charged 80.00! We got in to the room and there was crackers on the floor, a hole in the restroom ceiling and the toilet was out of place! The sheets had pee stains they werent even white they were yellow and the top cover was the same way! It was so disgusting I wll never ever ever return to this place again PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DONT GO THERE, BTW they only reason we ended up at this motel was because everything was taken

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family