“Not bad, but you can do better for the price.”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #10 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
California
“Not bad, but you can do better for the price.”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

As most other reviewers mentioned, the place is dark. Not just the inside, but the outside of the hotel is also dimly lit. There are doorman out front around the clock though. When you walk in you are assaulted by a musty smell that I beleive comes from the fountain. We walked around lost until we finally stopped a guest and asked them where the front desk was. You must go upstairs to check in. As in most hotels I've stayed in the front desk staff seemed unfriendly and unwelcoming. The rooms are different in decor, but nothing as sheik and fancy as the website for this hotel would have you beleive. The bed and linens were comfortable, but the rooms were far from the slightest bit sound proof. We could here a couple in the room next to us, as well as people in the hallway. The distance to the river-walk entrance is very close. Out the front door, and to the left approximately 10 feet. You have to use expensive parking garages, or allow the hotel valets to park your car. If I were to go again I'd select a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oceandream

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My wife and I had a great time the staff at the Valenica were great, room very clean and nice The darkness of the hotel was very romantic would stay there again planing trip next year

Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Hotel was very nice/chic we were just expecting more!! Location is good next too restaurants a cool club and coffee shops. Nowhere on the reviews did it mention a pool but I assumed it would have one as hot and humid as San Antonio gets on these summer months! It would have been great to get in after all the downtown site seeing! Also, the Bell service was not helping customers fast enough and valet was also slow :(. If this is gonna be considered an upper scale Hotel on the River-walk --they definitely need to step it up! We will try other Hotel next time . Disappointed since we travel to San Antonio A Lot!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasLiliBrown
Irvine, California
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Great hotel!!! Friendly staff. Comfortable, quiet room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The location is perfect. It's a wonderful place for a romantic get away. The servicescape and atmoshere is amazing, from the smells to the art work and lighting. Service is great and staff is more than helpfull. Just a perfect get away spot and I would recommend to everyone.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We got a great deal at the Hotel Valencia by checking their website. Our room was $129, plus taxes. I had done a lot of research on San Antonio Riverwalk properties and the Valencia was near the top. Things did not start off the best, as we couldn't find a place to park the car to check in at 3:00 p.m. on a Friday. My husband had to drive around the block many times, as I ran up to the second level to check in. We found out later that the Dallas Cowbay fans were in town to watch the team practice at the Alamodome. The hotel is very trendy and the lobby is dark. Upon entering the hotel, I had to go up stairs to check in at the front desk. The lighting was poor and this did not make the best impression on me. There were two staff members registering guests that afternoon and there were over ten people waiting to check in. Once I checked in, I had to go back downstairs to find my husband parked on in front. The valet suggested we take advantage of valet parking, which was over $20. At this point, we were tired and let them take our car. We did have a nicely designed room and I loved the bathroom. The towels were nice and I loved the hair/skin care products. Unfortunately, someone had taken a hot iron and dropped it on the carpeted floor in the room. The impression of the iron was left on the floor. An overstuffed, leather chair was placed in the corner. It looked so comfy. Unfortunately, someone either sat on the chair in a wet bathing suit or urinated all over the cushion of the chair, as it had been wet at one time and now totally dried. I really didn't care to sit on the chair. The room really was neat, but needed to be cared for. Perhaps that is why I got such a good deal! I would probably stay here again, but check out the deal and the room before I settled in for the night. The doormen and valet were very nice!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My brother was recently married at the Hotel Valencia. From the Valet to the house keepers I give kudos to their staff. The staff at this hotel obviously runs like a well oiled machine. The event was beautiful and created many memories for my family.
The hotel is extremely beautiful, clean, and all around pleasant. I have traveled to many different places and stayed at many different hotels but I am proud to say that the best service I received was in my home town.