My husband and I went to the Valencia as a romantic get away. Arrival was smooth and inviting. The hotel is dark like the other reviews have said, but once you are in your room there is nothing to complain about. I liked the ambiance of the hotel. The location wasn't all that great but on the brighter side, it leaves for a quieter room away from the river crowds. Women- don't even attempt to wear heels on the riverwalk, you will lose your footing. Valet parking was too much, as expected in the downtown area. If you book here, you will love room service. We were in town for my husbands birthday so I requested a "treat" be sent up to the room. We got back and there was a piece of chocolate cake in the room that was beautifully decorated. Over all experience was wonderful. Now, this was where I my three night stay was not that outstanding... I was about to zip up my luggage and I looked up on the wall above the luggage stand and the was a big nasty COCKROACH. My heart sank because I was looking forward to leaving with knowing it was perfect. Upon check out the female at the desk asked if everything was okay and my husband told of the big COCKROACH on the wall and she just said in a fake unconcerned voice "oh I'm so sorry". Look I know roaches are common but not when I've paid 700.00 dollars for three nights in a hotel like the Valencia. I just crapped out all this money for this 4 star hotel that has been on our itinerary for two months and she didn't even bother to comp us anything. I left with a sad feeling that all they were out for was our money, not pleasing the customer. So sad because its a trendy, unique place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the San Antonio River Walk, within walking distance of the Alamo, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown San Antonio. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is a short walk from the San Antonio Convention Center, downtown attractions and only a short drive to The Pearl, theme parks and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Naranja bar and dine in Dorrego's Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary FIT breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio