“Romantic Hotel for Couples”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #10 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Romantic Hotel for Couples”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, up-scale room this is the place for you. My husband and I wanted a quite weekend away. Hotel Valencia seemed to be made for us. We had a room on the 5th floor facing the court yard. It had beautiful double french doors that opened to a private patio over looking the courtyard. Only 9 rooms have access to the courtyard and it was always quiet. We actually saw a person getting bridal pictures taken! This hotel had several good aspects: Quiet, dark (at 9am it was so dark in our room we had no idea we slept so late!), mini-bar, great breakfast room-service, clean bedding, clean towels, coffee maker, flat screen T.V., great bar downstairs, easy access to riverwalk, friendly staff, beds were very comfortable (and I have a bad back!)and no hassel with cleaning crew as to when to clean the room. The whole room just felt comforting and the dim lighting made it very romatic feeling.
Negatives: No pool, parking was $30 per night, Wi-fi connection didn't work, no fridge (just mini fridge that was full) no free breakfast, Spa is not in the hotel
Overall, the service out weighs the negatives! Not the place for kids!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyHawkTexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
dallas
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel was AWESOME! The service was great, the room was even better. Such a lovely room, with pretty decorations, a huge flat screen TV, and the bed was the best with a firm mattress, 500 thread count linens, and lots of fluffy king size pillows. We had a great night sleep. The room was very quiet even though we had a corner street view and the staff went out of their way to make sure that we had a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE that is seeking comfort, relaxation with a friendly staff that meets every need.
D. Clark
Dallas, TX

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dannclark36
Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is decorated nicely and has a very modern feel to it. I booked 4 nights at the beginning of June 2009 for a conference. The service was excellent. I also enjoyed a nice cocktail at the bar one evening. This hotel is in a good location to get to the riverwalk. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that the hotel seems dark inside. Some people may enjoy the dimmed lighting for a more romantic feel. A swimming pool would have also been nice since San Antonio gets really hot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mbrebnor
Chicago
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Valencia for a business conference. The location was terrific, the River Walk was just around the corner. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Internet access was fast & there was plenty of working room. We had the conference catered by the hotel. The food was fabulous & the staff was very attentive to our needs. I really enjoyed staying at the hotel, and would look to return again.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank dlzim
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in town for a funeral. The staff was wonderful. The room was spacious, quiet and clean. My husband had to get his very nice suit cleaned and I was a little worried. It was right on time and done perfectly. We have stayed at many hotels in downtown S.A. and this is one that we will actually return to.
Yes it is on the dark side (lighting and decor wise) but guess that is all in personal preference. We thought it made for a calm, relaxing and modern feel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frenchbeargirl
Galveston,Tx
Reviewed June 6, 2009

" How much fun is this going to be. It is my birthday and I have to attend a 3 day business conference" Boy was I wrong! This hotel was a happening place but also had a peaceful zen feel. Waterfalls and candles everywhere. Top rated restaurant and chic nightclub.Beautifully modern decorated rooms with all the comforts of home. And the staff was beyond helpful. My birthday was even remembered by them. I arrived to my room after a long confernence to a surprise of wine, cake and flowers all courtesy of the hotel. Lifted my spirits immediatley.I cannot find the words to describe how much fun I had at this hotel but I will be back asap for a girls weekend...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank rdhprimadonna
Chicago
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I sent my parents here for their 40th Wedding anniversary, they've always wanted to go to San Antonio. They loved the hotel, said everyone was so nice and helpful to them. The pictures on-line of the hotel were an accurate representation of the hotel. Rooms were large and clean. The breakfast was included in the package I chose for them, and they said that every morning the breakfast was outstanding!! Kept them full all day long until dinner time!! The staff was incredibly helpful to my parents and everyone was nice!! I can't wait to go back to San Antonio and stay at the Hotel Valencia!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple