“Cool, boutique style hotel”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #10 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
London
“Cool, boutique style hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Valencia Riverwalk a couple of weeks ago on a business trip and it was a delight. The rooms are large, spacious and very modern giving the feel of a boutique hotel. The same applies to the bar and restaurant areas and a major plus point is that hotel is situated immediately on the riverwalk itself.

My only criticism would be the very noisy waterfall in the hotel lobby.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony overlooking the river - very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Theboarderboy
wenola, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Theboarderboy,

It means a lot to us to see you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the 4-star review.

Trent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Valencia the first week in July and then came back 7 days later. We love San Antonio and the Valencia. We are from Louisiana and generally arrive later than most normal guests due to a pretty extensive drive. Late check in was not a problem. The decore and feel of the hotel are very modern. The rooms are nice, nothing over the top but far better than most other places on the riverwalk. The beds are very comfy and the bathrooms are very clean. The Citrus is a great place to dine for both breakfast and dinner the food is great. The V-Bar is also a very nice touch and very nice in comparison to other hotel bars. Overall for the location and value and food and staff the Hotel Valencia is my families home away from home when we visit San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Frowdawg17
Dear Frowdawg17,

Thank you for staying with us and completing the 5-star review. We are glad to see you enjoyed Citrus and V-bar as well. We hope to see you again the next time you make it over from Louisiana.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a night out and we stayed at hotel Valencia and it was such a beautiful place. Perfect location, impeccable service, rooms are very clean and we were extremely pleased!!! No wonder voted best romantic hotel in San Antonio!!! Loved it!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Darc28
wenola, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Darc28,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk! Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. Positive feedback like this justifies the effort we put into it.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This boutique hotel is close to perfection.The room I had was spacious and extraordinarily quiet--and the hotel is well-located and filled with genuinely helpful, courteous, friendly staff. They were wonderfully caring of a solo woman traveler and made a sincere effort to make me feel welcome and safe. My room had every convenience, including free wifi. The only think it lacked was a chain lock on the door.I don't know who was more surprised--me or the housekeeping staff when they opened the door the first afternoon. I was on my way to open it but they came in first (I apparently didn't hear their first knock). It really threw me off my game and the staff member was apologizing all over the place. So I wished they had just one additional level of security beyond the deadbolt. I loved the small V Bar where the bartender gave me information about a new bourbon. The doormen made sure I didn't get lost exploring the city. I still can't quite figure out why they play music in the hallways on the room floors all day. I couldn't hear it in the room but it seemed a bit odd. And the faux brown fur blanket on my bed in the summer was strange. However, the temperature was set to 60 when I checked in--and thank goodness, since the outside temperature was 98! TheValencia is close to the Riverwalk, great shopping, the Alamo, and wonderful restaurants. I'm coming back!!

Room Tip: My room was on the eight floor. Extremely quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jhartig1
Dear jhartig1,

We love the detailed, objective review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We will review the door knock procedures with our Housekeeping team and I assure we that we will review our policy on the door latches. It's great to see the positive comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. We hope to have you visit us again soon.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Couldn't have chosen a better place to stay in San Antonio. Great location near the Riverwalk and other attractions. Loved coming back to the cool, quiet ambiance of the hotel and room after our days of sightseeing. Comfortable beds, friendly staff.

1 Thank JoyceL745
Dear JoyceL745,

We really appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to complete the 5-star review! We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lovely small hotel with excellent service. close enough to all the Riverwalk attractions, yet just enough off the beaten path for a more relaxing experience. Had to mark for a pool, but there is no pool at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with Juliet balconies facing the river have lovely views but can be noisy.
1 Thank texwoodlands
Dear texwoodlands,

The 5-star review is greatly appreciated! We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As you walk into the Valenicia, it might take a moment for your eyes to adjust. (It's a bit dark). But once you do, you are greeted with a lovely water feature that pretty much sums up what this place is all about. A calming oasis in the center of the heat and crowds that are the Riverwalk of San Antonio.The lobby is located one flight up, so as you ascend the stairs (or take the elevator) your surroundings will brighten up a bit and you will appreciate the cool and modern decor that prevails throughout the hotel. I husband and I had originally planned to stay one night but changed our mind at check-in. The hotel clerk offered us a beautiful suite on the 5th floor with a very large balcony and a lovely view of the courtyard below. Hint..pay for the upgrade...it's worth the extra $50. The courtyard itself is something to behold. 3 story high cobalt blue tile water features that flank a pond that at night is a water "fireplace" at night. Gorgeous! There was a constant hum from a/c units on the roof, but the water fountains tend to drown it out, along with the all the other city noise. Our suite was large and included a real dining table that seats 4, large leather chair w/ ottoman and a desk that runs the length of the entire room. My favorite feature I'll take with me is the lighting. Not only throughout the lobby, bar and restaurant, but the hallways and the room itself. I loved the attention to detail. Dimmers on most of the lamps in our room allowed us to turn down the lights, open up our patio doors and allow the lights from the courtyard to take over. Just beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful. Our bellman "Ace" was a delight. We had a few minute wait to make sure our room was inspected and he was kind enough to give us a tour of the entire facility. The only thing missing was a pool...but I find that in any of the Riverwalk hotels, they're usually packed and full of kids, so it wasn't a big deal. This is a great hotel for couples. I'm giving it top marks and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 526 was great. Your balcony is opposite of the sunny side, which is important during Texas sum...
1 Thank Katie s
Dear Katie S.,

We really appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write such a great review. Ace is truly one of our superstars and it is great to see him mentioned by name. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you come all the way down from Austin. Let us know if we can be of any assistance until then.