“Shoot and stay”

Ranked #6 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Denton, Texas
“Shoot and stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk for our anniversary. We purchased the shoot and stay package. The hotel was beautiful. We did have a few hiccups with our stay, but Robert Leyva, Hotel Manager, did everything possible to help correct the issue. Wonderful customer survive. The staff at the San Antonio Gun Club was amazing. I would recommend the shoot and stay package if you are looking for something different to do on your vacation! We will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel Valencia is conveniently located just off the major "loop" of the Riverwalk. The contemporary interior is heavily influenced by Mediterranean elements of dark woods, arches, terra cotta, and concrete. Our room was quiet and overlooked the river, with dark wooden shutters on the windows and very comfortable beds. All staff members treated us as though we were in a spa, as though our personal comfort was their only concern. I enjoyed sitting on the patio overlooking the water, and there is also an interior courtyard accessible from the third floor with a beautiful fountain.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have access to the interior courtyard, and there are rooms on the upper flo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LeslieBeld
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wonderful stay! We had a nice time. Will be back soon!
Parking is a little pricey ($29,00)but you can get your vehicle brought around at any time.
Easy access to riverwalk.
Very quiet in hotel.
The beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bambster
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights, just to get away. We are from San Antonio, but the Valencia made us feel that we were on a true vacation. The decor and the staff were great. Our view was awesome. I did not like the fact that the spa was located outside of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Valencia is a wonderful hotel. The beds are SO comfortable, the hotel is quiet and the staff are amazing. If you can, book a courtyard room on the 3rd floor. We really enjoyed sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee. Breakfast at Citrus is a must - the breakfast quesadillas being my suggestion. The bar also makes a wonderful bloody mary for those who enjoy a little too much nightlife. The hotel is very centrally located so we were able to walk easily to places like Howl at the Moon and the Historic Market Center.

Room Tip: 3rd floor courtyard rooms are a must!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife & I live in Austin & travel to San Antonio for weekend getaways 3-4 times a year. We always stal at La Valencia. We like the contemporary furnishings & decor. It's low lighting, candles & fire pit patio set the mood we're looking for. Staff have always been attentive & proactive. Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here March 23-26 in 2012 and let me say that this is a very nice hotel. The location is perfect right in the middle of everything and within a 5 minute walking distance from my favorite steakhouse there (Bohanon's). The atmosphere of the place is dark but it didn't bother me. The service is first class and if you need a microwave and refrigerator in the room then you can call them beforehand and when you check in it will be ready to go in the room. As for the room itself I don't have any complaints other than I don't think it was worth the price I paid. The price of the room for me was more about location so I couldn't complain in that sense. The rooms are little old and has some serious miles and it's not as pristine and perfect like I would have hoped or expected. But nonetheless it is NOT bad room either. The restaurants at the hotel were average at best as the food was mediocre and it was overpriced. All in all I would recommend this place as you're in a great location and there aren't any issues with the hotel itself.

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is excellent and in the middle of all the action.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple