“Go for the beer, but skip the food”

The Friendly Spot Ice House
Ranked #116 of 4,783 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Went for brunch on a Sunday. The mimosas were yummy. I was disappointed that the brunch menu was only two items. I did try food off the regular menu. We started with the chips and salsa. It comes with house made guacamole and salsa. The chips were too thick. I tried the veggie burger. It looks like it was made with quinoa. Unfortunately the patty fell apart easily and it was not flavorful, but a little bit of mustard fixed that problem. The fries were good. Looks like they were seasoned with season all.

My friends got the bean and cheese nachos. I think the thick chips made the nachos a dud. The nachos also come with guacamole.
The mahi mahi tacos were flavorful, but only come with two tacos and no sides.
The breakfast burger came with breakfast potatoes. The burger had a fried egg. It was a big portion. It was probably the best of all of our meals. The only thing my friend did not like was that the bottom bread was soggy from the egg yolk

I think this place is nice, but only for drinks and maybe chips and salsa. The food needs to be revamped.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Wonderful beer selections which made for a very happy husband! The menu had something for everyone and would definitely recommend it for a fun evening out.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great place to hang out with friends, kids and dogs are welcome! We love to meet friends with children here because it's the best of everything. Mom and dad can relax knowing kids are nearby on the playground. They have water faucets and bowls around the area for the pups. HUGE selection of craft beers and wine on tap. Munchies are good, nachos, guacamole, small tacos. Micheladas are the best I've ever had! Staff are very friendly and ready to make beer suggestions. Ask for a sample if you're not sure if you'll like a certain beer.

1  Thank Marcinik
Reviewed July 2, 2014

A colleague and I went there after work one day when our entrance to the Blue Star Brewery (our usual place) was blocked by a train from Hell. We smoked our cigars while trying various beer that we had never tried in their outdoor patio setting. The atmosphere and the vibe were good. People brought their dogs, which I always see as a plus for the establishment that supports customers bringing their 4-legged family members and friends. I haven't tried their bar food yet but I plan on doing so the next time that I visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Friendly Spot, is always offering a wide variety of craft beer on tap. They have finger food, like nachos, chips and salsa, awesome hummis, etc.. They have a playground!! They are dog friendly. All seating is outside, so stop by, pull up a chair and enjoy the beautiful weather and a cold beer!!