“Very friendly and more choices of beer than you can imagine!”

The Friendly Spot Ice House
Ranked #81 of 4,629 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly and more choices of beer than you can imagine!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A local police officer recommended this spot to us and we had a great time. It was very casual and friendly. The atmosphere was a bit like going to a party at a friend's house. There is even a playground for the little ones. My only complaint is that there were no decent bathrooms only porta potties lined up near the side of the property. If they added a ladies room this spot would be perfect!

Visited September 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“Friendly is definitely the right name”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I started visiting the Friendly Spot in the summer of 2011 when a friend introduced me to the bar. I love it. I've been during the craziness of First Friday, and I've enjoyed a quiet Sunday afternoon there. Throughout the year they have Wednesday Family Movie nights on a giant blow-up screen. They also use the screen for sports.
As a beer lover though, my favorite thing is the selection of beer. I can always find something new to try. Often they have $2 tap specials, so there's no harm in trying a new beer. If you're not a beer drinker, they have delicious mimosas and sangria. I keep telling myself to try something new, but every time I still get the black bean chipotle burger. It's that good.
It's kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and very cyclist-friendly.
Be warned though, it is mostly an outside bar and San Antonio gets warm!

• Visited May 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice beer, nice food”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I found this place by accident while walking past. Great selection of beer, great food, friendly people. There's a kids play area and dogs are allowed.

• Visited June 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Unique hang out”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved the relaxed atmosphere and the avocado nachos.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect place for a craft brew in San Antonio.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you are staying in the King William neighbourhood or are passing through, this is a great place to stop for a craft beer. Quite an eclectic crowd when we were there. It feels like everyone, and their kids, and their parents, and their dogs, are welcome. Exellent beer selection too!

• Visited May 2012